• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does slideshow in Elements 2022 not work?

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Photoshop Album 2003 version for a few years now and decided to modernise.  I bought Elements 2022 and installed it, which took abut half an hour.  It seemed to complete the installation but the photo albums, captions etc which were stored on the 2003 version have not been brought across into the 2022 version.  Most of the photos seem to be there but in folders which I do not recognise.  When I try to see a slideshow of any of the folders which Elements 2022 has created, I get "Searching for missing file" but I don't recognise any of the files it can't find.  When it finishes, it says it can't show a slideshow because you have to have at least one file in the show and it hasn't found any.  

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Album is 20 years old.  Although that program is a predecessor of Elements 2022, there have been many changes in the catalog database since then.  I don't know whether it is possible to convert your Photoshop Album database to Elements 2022.  But if it is possible, you will have to convert it first to the Elements 13 format.  See this article for instructions.

Even if it is possible to convert your catalog to Elements 2022, I seriously doubt whether any slideshow created with Photoshop Album can be played in the Elements 2022 Organizer (if that is what you are trying to do).

If you are unable to convert your Photoshop Album catalog to the current version, you will need to import all of your files into a new catalog.  See this article for general information about creating a catalog.

If you need more help, we need more details about your problem with the missing files and what you mean when you say the photos are in folders that you do not recognize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. The article to which you provided a link says that I have
to have PSA Catalog Converter to convert the files into the right format.
But I can't find this anywhere on the internet. Where can I find it and do
I have to buy it or is it free?

Regards

Stephen23011648bmzp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here it is:

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/convert-organizer-catalog-elements-13-64.html

Click on the 'Get File' button and unzip the downloaded file.

In the unzipped folder, use the PSACatalogConverter.exe file and enter the name of the original Catalog.psa database and the destination folder for the converted version of the catalog. It should be 'catalog.pse13db' if I remember well. Using your current organizer version you can start the second step conversion from version 13 to the newer one. The result will be a catalog folder containing the final catalog.pseXXdb version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines