• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong version?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought Photoshop Elements 2023. Struggling to learn it I use Adobe´s help functions and Youtube tutorials. When opening up Elements I find menus and symbols partly different from those described i Adobe´s and Youtube´s tutorials. For example, up to the right there is no magnifying glass and no search bar where I could find the discovery panel. At the moment I am trying to remove the background of my photo. Here is a screen print:

Kjell283731461w9g_0-1679254764410.png

Grateful for all kinds of help!

Yours Kjell

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

My comment wont necessarily help you except maybe for moral support. I have 2022 and online full manuals for elements, phtoshop and organizer and encounter the same problems. I will look up a simple (for me) issue and the reading brings me down a rabbit hole and branches off into a dozen things that do not answer my question. Relying on the community is very helpful and watching you tube videos can be helpful also. But sometimes you want a quick  answer as you are working on something. So Ill tr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

The main search function has always been in the PSE Organizer but Adobe introduced a new search function within “Guided” in the 2023 Editor.

The guided edits are step by step workflows. Many have simple one-click functions or use presets powered by A.I.   Try going to the Guided tab and clicking on the search button – see image below. If you type the word background into the search field you should find suggestions, including how to change your background. I have a YouTube video covering this su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos you have been watching are for photoshop, not photoshop elements.

SELECT>SUBJECT it and paste into a new layer.   You may have to use the selection tool to get that mousy looking critter selected. 2023-03-19_143110.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for replying to my question. I am a beginner an not used to the
teminology.

What you saw in my screen print was a jpeg photo. I opened it up in
Photoshop Elements 2023. As far as I can see the only function of the
magnifying glass you pointed out is to zoom in and out of the photo.

When you use the name "Photoshop" I suppose you refer to Premiere Elements.

Best regards

Kjell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main search function has always been in the PSE Organizer but Adobe introduced a new search function within “Guided” in the 2023 Editor.

The guided edits are step by step workflows. Many have simple one-click functions or use presets powered by A.I.   Try going to the Guided tab and clicking on the search button – see image below. If you type the word background into the search field you should find suggestions, including how to change your background. I have a YouTube video covering this subject, which may help.

GuidedSearch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"When you use the name "Photoshop" I suppose you refer to Premiere Elements."

NO.  He refers to Photoshop. What you don't seem to realise is that there is Photoshop (the pro tool, subscription only). And there is Photoshop Elements (simpler, non-pro, cheaper). They have different nsmes and look different. So you must use tutorials made for Photoshop Elements, not Photoshop. There are far fewer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comment wont necessarily help you except maybe for moral support. I have 2022 and online full manuals for elements, phtoshop and organizer and encounter the same problems. I will look up a simple (for me) issue and the reading brings me down a rabbit hole and branches off into a dozen things that do not answer my question. Relying on the community is very helpful and watching you tube videos can be helpful also. But sometimes you want a quick  answer as you are working on something. So Ill try to chat and they switch you to 3 different people. Than you try to call and you wait for at least an hour and end up hangng up. Until I learn all of the tools and all of the ins and outs I will be frustrated. I wish I could take a real class with a real teacher. In any case this software involves a ton of time and if you are not a professional doing it everyday than good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Search box is found at the top of the initial Home Screen.  Type in a question and you will be given links to various resources.

Snap_2023.03.20_10h15m12s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that and it works real well---thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines