• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ps elements 15

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recently edited files will not clear and its causing me lots of trouble.I am not the only one.Do I re install the software again.I have been a loyal customer but my patience is wearing thin.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Hi martin,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

I really apologize for the inconvenience you are facing.

Its a known issue & our engineering team is working on it right now.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi martin,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

I really apologize for the inconvenience you are facing.

Its a known issue & our engineering team is working on it right now.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response to my problem.My faith in PS Elements and Adobe has been restored….Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me.I was contacted a day or so after posting my query and the matter was resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you kindly share the Solution ?

This is an issue known to Adobe since 7 months so maybe it's enough time to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the workaround supplied in the feedback forum by Richard Barnum

Elements 15: Open Recently Edited File list | Photoshop Family Customer Community

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Barnum

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

I found a workaround to this bug in the PSE 15, not too difficult, would suggest copy and paste it into a document so you can use it again later.  This resets the number count on Open Recently Edited list to zero.  Once you reach 100 it will stop working again and you will have to redo the process.  I tried it and it works well and does not effect your photos or files just the counter in PSE 15.  Came from a board and a man named Andreas.  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2238079

Enjoy!

Rich

"I've figured it out:

Open c:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Photoshop Elements\15.0\Editor\*.*

there you will see the file "MachinePrefs.psp" which contains the info about the last opened image files. If the list has reached the number 100 it stops to accept new image numbers.

It should, however, like in previous PSE versions, store the last file number and simply move position 99 to position 100, and so on. This doesn't (yet?) work with PSE15.

Now delete the "MachinePrefs.psp" file and you will have after the next opening of PSE15 again 100 positions available.

Andreas"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other discussion:

My recent opened files don't update in PSE 15. There doesn't seem to be any customer service so mayb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel,

thanks for your support; I'm already using that workaround.

Unfortunately the feeling is that Adobe does no longer care about it's users.

This same bug was present in PS and has been fixed; for PSE still no solution after all this time.

Users pay for PSE15... real money.. so we'd expect a working product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteDaw  wrote

Hi Michel,

thanks for your support; I'm already using that workaround.

Unfortunately the feeling is that Adobe does no longer care about it's users.

This same bug was present in PS and has been fixed; for PSE still no solution after all this time.

What I do find a bit puzzling is why there has not yet been a version update for the two main bugs of this version (there is also the Windows problem to auto-hide taskbar).

Two main possible answers:

- there are technical issues;  I suspect they are now solved.

- There is a marketing and cost issue: Adobe does consider those issues as marginal (they do know if only a small percentage of Elements users have the issues) and does not want to issue a bug correction update, to make clear that such frequent updates are the exclusive benefit of the Cloud subscription.

In the past, there has been only one of such updates in the spring for some versions. I no longer expect version 15.1. When Adobe Staff says they are working on the problem, that most probably mean that version 16 will have the corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its now july and this annoying issue is still persistent, with no sign of a bug-fix release so far - only the known workaround.

I must (unfortunately) say that I am very disappointed with the Adobe support thus far:

• I have found several (larger and smaller) bugs and usability issues in Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 15
  • I took the time to write detailed separate bug/improvement reports for them (four months ago) in the "Photoshop family" forum as Adobe claimed that every bug report would be read there. I did not get a single answer to them, not even a small "Thank you, we have read your post." Probably was a wast of time.
  • None of the issues has been fixed since Adobe has not yet released a bug fix release ever since I bought the software.

If support for Adobe means that users have to pay again (for the next version) in order to maybe get some bugs of the previous version fixed (and a few new ones for the change), then this is not only the first, but will be definitely the last time I purchased Adobe consumer products. There are alternatives out there.

P.S. The software company I work in has years ago paved the path for releasing (bug fix) releases every two weeks. This is state-of-the-art in modern software developement in 2017.

Matthias Basler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matthiasbasler  wrote

Its now july and this annoying issue is still persistent, with no sign of a bug-fix release so far - only the known workaround.

I must (unfortunately) say that I am very disappointed with the Adobe support thus far:

• I have found several (larger and smaller) bugs and usability issues in Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 15
  • I took the time to write detailed separate bug/improvement reports for them (four months ago) in the "Photoshop family" forum as Adobe claimed that every bug report would be read there. I did not get a single answer to them, not even a small "Thank you, we have read your post." Probably was a wast of time.
  • None of the issues has been fixed since Adobe has not yet released a bug fix release ever since I bought the software.

If support for Adobe means that users have to pay again (for the next version) in order to maybe get some bugs of the previous version fixed (and a few new ones for the change), then this is not only the first, but will be definitely the last time I purchased Adobe consumer products. There are alternatives out there.

Matthias Basler

Matthias,

You know my point about that.

As just another user, I wonder what you are expecting from your above post.

(You don't even post a link to the probably very intersting posts you made in the feedback forum.)

- your posts in the feedback forum are always read and weighed by responsible staff in the feedback forum by. Such posts are rarely acknowledged and bug fixes are never announced in advance.

- your posts in this forum are most probably read by many members of the Elements team... but do you believe they have their say about the decision to issue an update?

P.S.
The software company I work in has years ago paved the path for
releasing (bug fix) releases every two weeks. This is state-of-the-art
in modern software developement in 2017.

Different perspective.

Are you working in a very wide consumer market where users can't afford state-of-the-art prices ? Business is business... You know you can get more frequent updates and bug fixes in the Adobe Cloud model. Not a bad business choice if you consider the millions of satisfied subscribers around the world. Elements is (only?) the first step to bring users to subscribe to the Cloud. Not a bad idea to clearly show that frequent udpates are reserved to the 'state-of-the-art' Photoshop.

To come back to that irritating 'last edidted files' bug, Adobe can know precisely how many Elements users care for that. It's not an editing issue per se, it's rather a user interface issue, especially for those not using fully the Organizer. Unfortunately, the 'workaround' is not very convincing... and is also a marketing reason to postpone any update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering, Michel. I'll try to be short:

> your posts in the feedback forum are always read and weighed by responsible staff in the feedback forum by. Such posts are rarely acknowledged and bug fixes are never announced in advance.

Lets assume this is the Adobe way for consumer software. Please compare to two other consumer (<100€) graphics software companies:

Sure, no consumer business company known to me gives guarantees when (or if) certain issues will be fixed. But both above mentioned will usually acknowledge incoming bug reports and feature requests in the forum, and both are relatively transparent about the status of bugs, at least during beta phases. (Yes, I also saw the status flag on threads in the Adobe feedback forum.) And at least Serif seems rather transparent about when to expect a new minor version, although I can't remember them giving a specific date.

So, a better support for consumer software is possible.

P.S. Since you asked for my bug/improvement reports for PRE I mentioned: You find them here in my profile here.

Matthias Basler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthias,

I really do appreciate your comments on that matter.

Your profile in the feedback forum is not accessible from the present one, but I should have tried the same login... Sorry for being lazy!

I don't use Premiere Elements and your posts in the feedback forum in the dedicated Premiere Elements section rarely get answers. As far as I know, questions in the dedicated Premiere Elements users always do get competent answers from experts like Steve Grisetti as you have seen.

Premiere Elements

What I said in my comment about 'business' stays true... until competition becomes a decisive factor.

Sure, no consumer business company known to me gives guarantees when (or if) certain issues will be fixed. But both above mentioned will usually acknowledge incoming bug reports and feature requests in the forum, and both are relatively transparent about the status of bugs, at least during beta phases. (Yes, I also saw the status flag on threads in the Adobe feedback forum.) And at least Serif seems rather transparent about when to expect a new minor version, although I can't remember them giving a specific date.

Agreed.

So, a better support for consumer software is possible.

No doubt about it.

I am a bit skeptical about hoping more transparency from Adobe in the future, but I was glad to see that only from the present Elements version, several staff persons from the Elements team are now monitoring the forums and answering questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now Adobe just launched new Elements 2018...

and were is the fix for this PSE15 bug that persists  ?

The bug fix is..paying 79 USD to upgrade ?

Where are Adobe staff people ?

Would be really interested in hearing their point of view ... about cheating their loyal customers.

Or maybe I'm wrong and they'll provide a bug fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not pay for an upgrade because there is a bug in the previous version. Come on, Adobe, you can do better.

The questions is: When....

So far - 16th of december 2017, nothing has happened to cure my version 15, and as long as you don't cure, i do not pay. I hope many will follow. There are other programmes in the world.

I use the following solution clearing all preferences including the recently edited list:

Close Photoshop Elements.

• Press and hold Ctrl Alt Shift (Mac: Cmd Opt Shift) and keep holding these keys as you restart Photoshop Elements.

• When you get a dialog box that says: Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file? you can let go of the keyboard keys and click Yes.

Next you see, that the recently edited list has been cleared, with all your other preferences....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines