• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smudge/Sponge effect in Sketch?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we ever see a Smudge/Sponge effect in Sketch? The only thing really missing....

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Casten,

We get this request from time-to-time; I'll definitely pass it along to the Sketch team.

Thanks for posting it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sketch has the best overall look when it comes to replacing paper (the tree based product, not the competitor software), but the lack of smudge is why I use other apps. Considering how long Sketch has been out, it seems like Adobe just doesn't have an interest in adding it, which is a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there...any new tutorials for this fantasy tool we all have been waiting on ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been done yet?

It is such a shame as all the drawing apps available are lacking in a few things, and Adobe Sketch is too so nearly there EXCEPT for this smudge tool. Really expect more from Adobe and looking forward to the next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Checkalm.

No, we haven't added a smudge tool to Sketch yet. And, I know this won't be good news.... there isn't one in the next update. I know it's being discussed/considered, I just haven't heard anything about when/if it might be added.

I'm sorry I don't have more information about it. I'll share your request with the Sketch team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this as another vote for a smudge tool.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this haa been floating around but you know what would make it really cool, especially for Apple Pencil or stylus users? Have it so when you use your finger, it just amusges automatically and put an on and off toggle button, so we can choose to keep it on and offer, that would be really cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScratchNPeck.

This is a great suggestion, especially since there are already settings for Pencil in Sketch and Draw. I'll share the idea with the product team.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sue, Yes! I've been missing the smudge capability too.

Hi, ScratchNPeck, Great idea!

I second the motion

Best regards,

Cherlita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion! I use my fingers to smudge when I'm drawing on paper, why not on my iPad too? This makes complete sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So curious if smudge is ever coming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habibus.

Yes. I think it's a tool that will eventually make it to at least one of the drawing apps.... I'm just not sure when.

I'm sorry I don't have more information for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe this...2 years on from the original request and still no basic smudge....whats wrong with Adobe!!! I'm moving to alternatives...its just such a basic requirement for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to throw my request in for the smudge tool as well as the many others. I too have found that if you use the smudge brush at the lower opacity you can get some blending but the problem is I can't make the brush tip small enough for the small details. Maybe you can pass that along to the team, make the existing brush (smudge brush) with the ability to make at least a 5pt then I can make it work the way I want to.

Thanks for anything you can do.

I love the Sketch program for drawing and painting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Casten,

I agree, too!

The Smudge / Sponge (and true blending) expression is the only thing I miss!

Overall, I love Sketch!

Happy creating,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please  add my request for a smudge tool.  Please can you add me to the list.

Thanks,

Fiona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, please let the team know the importance here. it’s a good app but needs a blend tool a dodge and burn tool and an airbrush tool. With those features included it could really change the work flow for many artist, and keep us loyal to the adobe brand. I’ve been a loyal adobe customer for over twenty years but there’s a lot of competition out there and adobe needs to deliver here andmake this good app a great app.

Thanks

Brandon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon.

I don't post on this thread very often because I really don't have anything new to add.

I do know that adding a blend/smudge/blur tool is something that the drawing teams are seriously considering and I'm certain that it will eventually make it into the drawing apps.... I just don't know when.

In the meantime, I do share every post with the product teams, so thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add my request for a smudge tool in Sketch. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add my request for a smudge tool in Sketch, too. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also desperately need a smudge blend AND blur tools. Airbrush also would be great! Please add my vote - this has been going on since 2015 so what gives Adobe? It’s not like its not highly requested so why haven’t they been added (yet) ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add my request for a smudge tool, I often try to smudge my marks with my finger and forget it doesn't work! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do Angie.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really use this app at all without the ability to blend and smudge - I've had to use a trial of clip studio paint because they have a dedicated tool for blurring and smudging... it seamlessly blends the shades together to create a smooth finish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, Because I know numbers count -- please add me to the number of people that find a smudge/blend tool necessary. Thanks -- james

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James.

Thanks for posting. Numbers definitely help.

This is the most-often requested tool (for both Sketch and Draw) and although I don't know what the timeline is for bringing it into one, or both, of the apps, I keep hoping it will show up.

In the meantime, I continue to pass along these requests.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines