• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smudge/Sponge effect in Sketch?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we ever see a Smudge/Sponge effect in Sketch? The only thing really missing....

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Casten,

We get this request from time-to-time; I'll definitely pass it along to the Sketch team.

Thanks for posting it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok Sue,

Count me in.

A lot of other products actually do that natively on IOS or android.

Sketchbook, Medibang paint.

And paying software worth the investment such as Paintstorm, Procreate, InfinitPainter, Afinity Photo...

Guys, they're killing you. I'd understand mobile is not as important as actual workspace, but playing with colors and have a fast colorpalet through smudge is dead important for mobile creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting Maxime.

I do appreciate that people continue to post on this topic and I do continue to share all of these requests with the drawing teams.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dropping by to contribute to putting the pressure on the development team! And major props to Sue for her diplomacy over the years  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheBeanest.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I don't know, at this point, whether there's a chance that a smudge/blur tool will ever make it into Sketch, but I am certain it will be showing up in Project Gemini (Introducing Project Gemini | Adobe Blog).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using Sketch with new iPad Pro and loving it, but very dissapointed and surprised there is no blending or smudge tool. This is a major oversight and unfortunately makes Sketch unusable for me until added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is now getting boring, but Sketch really does need this function.

Although I use many apps on my iPad,  Sketch is now the only one I use that doesn't have a usable smudge and blend tool.

Thankfully I can cheat a little.

I just migrate my project into Photoshop.

But I shouldn't really have to, should I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, would like to see a smudge/blending tool in Sketch. After spending several years using Paper 53, I am searching for a new drawing app. Paper just doesn’t have the features I need. I really thought I’d struck gold with Adobe Sketch - alas!  I’m back to square one without this option!

Thank you for your persistence in pushing for this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would love to see a blend/ smudge tool added. It's a great app but it needs a few things added. I always resort back to autodesk sketchbook because it has everything pretty much. Anyway hope they finally listen to our ideas sometime in the near future!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add smudge tool. Biggest reason why any ipad user will NOT stay with ADOBE Sketch. Procreate is great and responsive to user requests. 3 years and no action on this.

Is it a copyright issue or something that you can't have a similar blending tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! But dont worry because SUE will pass our ideas along. Lol. 5 years later.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is totally ridiculous. Adobe development teams are some of the most illogical teams I’ve come across. They bring some amazing products to the market - I’m thinking of Photoshop Sketch and XD - full of innovative features but lack some of the most basic ones - like a smudge tool in Sketch or rulers in XD. Even the crappiest software around have these basic features but somehow Adobe must think that these features are not worth their attention, too basic, too boring, what is there to brag about a smudge tool or rulers. I hate to break it to you but without a smudge tool or rulers your shiny applications are unusable on many occasions which is why many illustrators and designers are staying away from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just about to start a major commercial project in Sketch and the missing smudge tool is worrying me. I think I’ll persist with Sketch anyway because I can simulate the smudge to some extend with the watercolour tool, but still, this is a feature that should have been there from the start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know anything about the complexities involved, but is there a strategic reason for not having a smudge tool? Because even really basic, primitive apps do it very well. And sketch has THE MOST AMAZING WATERCOLOR rendering engine (or whatever you call it). That thing has GOT to be immensely complex. So impressive! Does the team give a reason for no smudge?

Obviously, the developers aren't listening to these requests, but as long as I'm here, I'll holler into the abyss with a related request: oil paint really isn't oil paint if the brush doesn't pick up and "smear" colors it passes. However lovely that brushstrokes, it's not usable without scumbling effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erikc.

This ability to "pick up" color using the oil brushes will be in Project Gemini (https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-project-gemini/) when it launches.  Give this video (from Adobe MAX) a quick look starting at about the 9-minute mark: Adobe MAX 2018: An Early Look at Project Gemini (Coming Soon) | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not looking hopeful but please add my request for the smudge tool. This is literally driving me to go buy a new iPad instead of an android tablet so I can begin using Procreate with their new pen. I wanted to stick with a Samsung Tab but Procreate seems to be a better option for me. Adobe Sketch could really be the best solution if there was a smudge tool. It's available in Photoshop. Why not this app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, it’s been 4 years, your drawing/sketch team is the worst for not even giving us reasons why!   Please add mine to the pile of requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can u add the PAINT INSIDE feature for android as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines