• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Adobe Sketch and the other mobile apps be available on Android?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the idea of a mobile digital sketch pad but I don't own anything other than Android products. Are Android users going to have to bite the bullet and buy a tablet they don't want for a program they do or, will there be a light at the end of this tunnel with apps for everyone to fully enjoy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 232 Replies 232
Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks floramc!

I joined the group but I couldn't see any post for sketch. Is the app

available for testing now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it will be soon enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey a great ALTERNATIVE  to adobe sketch for use on Android is AUTODESK's SKETCHBOOK! it even saves/exports to PSD I''ve been using it with my Note2 and Note4 phones for YEAR(s) and really dig it.. ALSO COREL's Painter Mobile is a wonder app for android that will export PSD for photoshop ediitng as well. (although you may have to hunt for the PSD file for stetchbook and corelpaint on your phone folder device sometimes)

SketchBook - draw and paint - Android Apps on Google Play

Painter Mobile - Android Apps on Google Play

posting this because as of July 2016 still no android sketch app...  don't get hung up on what you can't ...IF you want to sketch on your android there are plenty of alternatives... and hopefully when they Iron it out they will release Adobe Sketch for android

It took a while to get Premeire clip on android but they did finally release it and it it works well... so i trust that the app will be ready when the team finishes it and verifies it's stable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LukeR wrote:

Hey a great ALTERNATIVE to adobe sketch for use on Android is AUTODESK's SKETCHBOOK!

Totally agree; I gave up on Adobe's mediocre mobile apps ages ago. Sketchbook is perfect for quick visualizations; I use it all the time in client meetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For drawing and painting on Android tablets, try Artrage, by Ambient Designs, which is reliable and versatile. I use it on a Wacom Android Cintique.  The app is stable and reliable. It is much better than Autodesk Sketchbook for simulating 'natural' mediums. Forget about Corel Painter which is ordinary and overpriced.

You can also try Infinite Painter; it has a ton of features - more than any other Android app and shows great promise. Sadly, its layers and file saving are sometimes unreliable. I've found that saving as a new project - VERY FREQUENTLY is the best way to try to avoid disasters. (Maybe these issues are hardware related?) Even when buying all the in-app purchases the total outlay is less than $10.  Its great to play around and experiment with. Hopefully the developer will address the stability issues.

I can't compare either of these to Photoshop Sketch because, as is the general complaint here, Photoshop Sketch won't work on any of my Android devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon.

I'm not sure on which devices you've tried to install Sketch but I'm more than happy to check with the product team about why you're unable to install Sketch on any of them.

Please let me know which devices you've tried and what version of the Android operating system is on them.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally decided to try using Adobe draw app and photoshop sketch app. I even downloaded the creative cloud app. I read about the free brush library 'Kyles brushes' and downloaded them to a my library. It said they could be used in photoshop sketch.

Well I can see them in my app but it says they can't be used.....wtf? I don't want to sound ungrateful but why bother showing off all this stuff and making us have an account then locking us out of all the options?

Galaxy Note Android user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mtyokawonis.

I'm sorry for taking so long to respond.

Kyle's brushes can be used in Sketch for Android, but the ability to use them requires a specific graphics processing unit (Adreno 5xx/Mali 7xx and above). Do you know what the GPU is on your device?

If you'd like me to check for you, please contact me through Sketch's in-app feedback (all of your device information will automatically populate the email).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines