• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening the new .CR3 canon raw files?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can one expect to be able to open the new Canon R .CR3 raw files in Photoshop cc 2019?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this list of Adobe Camera Raw supported cameras.

The EOS R is supported in ACR 11.0 and Lightroom 8.0 and later.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe, I have the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC and it will not recognize the files.  But the question is when can I open the Canon R .CR3 raw files in Photoshop? Or I guess Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In Help > System Info, what version of PS does it show?

2. In the Adobe Creative Cloud app, log out and log back in. That may bring up the update properly.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.0 20180920.r.24 2018/09/20: 1193433  x64

Is this not the latest version?

I will try it  to log out and log back it

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop is now at 20.0.1 but the key for opening your raw file is to look in Photoshop's Help > About Plug ins > Camera Raw and see what version is shown there. As mentioned above you need at least version 11.0  (the current version is 11.1.0.112)

For Lightroom Classic CC  look in Lightroom's Help >System info and the version should be at least 8.0 (current is 8.1)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should include ACR 11.0, but follow DAVECS's advice to check the actual ACR version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How quickly a post can go out of date . The latest version of Photoshop is now 20.0.2 (released today)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave

OK so my version of Photoshop is outdated, how come Adobe Creative Cloud is not trying to update my version of photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users have that problem. The usual fix is to log out of creative cloud, restart your computer and log in to creative cloud again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK logging out of Adobe Cloud, logging back in and restarting my computer did not work.

I have two computers. One has the 20.0.2 update and the other My (main computer) does not and Adobe Cloud will not update it.

I ran the repair the installation (in uninstalli Adobe Cloud)  and that did not work either 

This is very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One pretty radical idea is to use the Adobe creative cloud cleaner. That will wipe all adobe stuff off your computer so you can reinstall everything from scratch. Search the forums for creative cloud cleaner for a link.

Restart your computer before reinstalling Creative Cloud app and the rest. If that doesn't work, either search this forum for Adobe Cloud update issues or post in the creative cloud forum. Don't have any better ideas than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html​

Hope you find this helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out how to open the files Steven?  I have PS version Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.3 20190130.r.57 2019/01/30: 1204598  x64 and camera raw plug in version 11.2.0.135.  I got the Canon RP and I have tried the DNG converter and the plug in update.  Neither one will work.  I can't open the .CR3 files in Lightroom or Photoshop.  I don't know if it's my computer or what.  I have a 2017 MacBook and I have the adobe Photoshop / Lightroom subscription.  As far as I know they are both up to date.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon RP is not yet on the list of supported cameras

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

do you know how long it takes to support CR3 from the EOS RP. Waiting hard for it 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm just a Photoshop user not an employee, so I don't know how long it will take Adobe. The way it works is that they have to obtain a camera after it is released then reverse engineer the Raw file so they can build it into camera raw. it is not an instant process but historically they have been reasonably quick with this.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, it's my first time here. Thanks for the quick answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the list of supported cameras and my Canon EOD 40D is on the supported list. Unfortunately i am having the same issue as everyone else regarding .CR2 files : "could not complete request because the file was not found"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 40D has been supported for many years so it's not an issue of Camera Raw support.

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

How are you getting the files from camera to computer? Card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So adobe was able to resolve my issue (on a Mac). Turns out the most current version (v.12 i believe) of the Raw Camera plug-in is having many problems that they are aware of. The tech went ahead and rolled me back to to v.10 and i was then able to open .CR2 files. Unfortunately i do not have the download link for a previous version. Hope this helps anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 11.2.0.135. Haven't seen any further updates but also don't have any problems with CR2. Let's hope they sort out the next versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.2.0.135 is the current version of Camera Raw. No problem with CR2 files here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same issue. Were you able to find the solution to it?
I am shooting from EOS RP, and neither photoshop or Lightroom are able to open .cr3 files. Both the software are upto date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already explained, Adobe has not yet released updates to Camera Raw or Lightroom to support the EOS RP.

Expect an update in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, use the Canon DPP software that came with your camera to save your Raw files as TIFFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines