• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS 9: get AdobePS 8.6 to send all fonts to printer

Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum to post this question in, but here it goes…

I'm having a problem with the AdobePS 8.6 driver: when I try to print text containing accented and other special characters they are not rendered, instead I get blank spaces.

I suspect this has something to do with the printer using its own ROM resident versions of the fonts rather than the one on the Mac. Apple's LaserWriter driver has an option to "always send all needed fonts" that does the trick, but this option is absent from AdobePS.

I've already deleted all font entries from the printers PPD, but to no avail.

How do I force AdobePS to sent the needed fonts to the printer?

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2011 Jun 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what PDF font subsets were designed to avoid. By giving fonts unique names in every document, the printer will not substitute it's own versions.

However, it could be an encoding problem rather than a font substitution issue.

Have you saved the PostScript to a file and opened it in a text editor? You can see whether the fonts are embedded by reading the file.

Are you using OS 9 in Classic emulation, or in some really old hardware?

Deleting the fonts from the PPD might be a little harsh.

If Apple's Laserwriter driver works well for you,is there any reason that you don't want to use that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines