• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit the font and position of captions

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously (like, a week or two ago), I was able to select all of the captions in my sequence and the Essential Graphics panel would show all of the properties of the captions (that is, font, position, etc.) and I could edit everything at once. Life was good.

In a very recent beta version, all the editing functionality disappeared from the Essential Graphics panel (in fact, the Essential Graphics panel was gone and replaced with the Graphics Templates panel), but the Properties panel still worked to do it. This was fine, but an odd change (especially since the Captions and Graphics workspace only included the Graphics Templates panel and not the Properties panel).

In the latest beta that I just installed yesterday, I can no longer bulk edit the captions from the Properties panel either - I can get it into a mode where I can bulk change the font, but not the position (by "upgrading" the captions to graphics.

So, to put it simply, there is no longer an Essential Graphics panel, the Graphics Template panel has no edit mode, and the Properties panel won't let me bulk change the position (and it's tricky to get it to let me edit the font) - even when upgrading the captions to graphics!

Please fix this. It was working great before and now it's borked.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your comment and sorry for the confusion we’ve caused. We are developing a new Properties panel to replace the Essential Graphics panel. The Properties panel is part of the Captions and Graphics workspace, but will only show up on fresh installs. We are working on messaging to address this.

You may have hit a bug with a particular beta build. My first suggestion would be to update to the latest beta build as we are fixing issues daily.

In beta build 29, I am able to select multiple captions and bulk edit the font and placement (do not upgrade to Graphics). Are your captions all on the same track?

I think when you upgrade captions to graphics and then bulk select the graphics, you are not able to change the position currently. I don’t think you could do that in the old Essential Graphics panel either. It is something we are working on supporting, however, in the Properties panel.

-lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources