• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption editing leads to huge lag

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this issue is exclusive to the Beta - but when editing captions on the timeline, there is huge lag

The lag disappears if the caption track is hidden...but that makes editing almost impossible

Other solutions (clearing cache, zooming into timeline) don't have a significant effect

CUDA or software doesn't have a significant effect

Further weirdness - the lag is only there on ~2/3 of operations. Sometimes it's fine, but then out of nowhere a simple text selection will take 10 seconds

Happens on sequences of all sizes (eg current sequence is ~220 captions)

All media / prj files are on local high speed SSD media

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

can you give some additional details on what edit operations you're doing? Also - is the text panel open or closed during editing. Does the lag improve when you close the text panel? Does the lag improve when you only edit in the text panel and close the program monitor?

Thanks & Greetings, Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nico!
Great questions - if I'm editing in the program window, the lag could occur on any operation (splitting a caption, highlighting text, typing text)

If I'm editing in the text panel, the lag possibly only occurs when navigating between captions

Closing the text panel doesn't have an effect, nor does closing the program window - it MAY have something to do with the animation of the text panel? When I disable auto scroll it speeds up editing in the text panel (though doesn't seem to have an effect on editing in the program window)

The lag also occurs with no other visible material in the program window

Hopefully that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this does help. Thanks. Any chance you could send me your project or a screen recording so that I can get a better understanding of the issue?

I don't think I need the media with the project. If the issue can be reproduced without the media that's all I need. 

Thanks & Greetings, Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sent a PM with screen recording!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Potentially related: in the latest build, caption backgrounds are broken:

parenteswagking_0-1634195166386.png

The background is appearing as a diamond (when it should be a rounded rectangle)

Caption settings as follows:

parenteswagking_1-1634195215639.png

(expansion changes the size of the diamond, changing the corner radius does have an effect (only noticeble at large radii) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parenteswagking,

I saw the diamond shape in build 68 when I upgraded yesterday. Today at build 74, all is well again....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources