• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption Sidecar SRT file export doesn't turns off subtitle track

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export captions as a sidecar SRT file the subtitle track gets turned off and doesn't work in Media Encoder.  If I Export directly the sequence directly it usually works, but I always have to turn the subtitle track back on.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally got around to testing this. I did not get to it until after I upgraded to 22.0.0 Build 25.

Let me first add that I had difficulty getting to the Export screen. Ctrl-M and File -> Export -> Media did nothing. Then I clicked on the "Export" option at the top left. The export space opened, but "no sequence" (or something) selected. For each of those tests, I clicked on the timeline to be sure I was in the sequence. But after that, Ctrl-M etc all worked.

The first time I got the sequence to export window, Captions was turned on, with burned in set. I changed it to sidecar/srt. I exported directly through PR successfully. I immediately went back to the sequence, and the Caption Track was disabled (eyebal visibiility off). And of course, when I went to export, Captions were off and could not be turned on.

I repeated, and I could see, behind the export progress window that the captions in the sequence were disabled. And when the export completed, the captions were indeed off. The export was okay.

So I confirm this bug. I did not test via AME. I did not test sidecars other than srt. I tested with a project with one sequence and one caption track. I wonder what happens with multiple sequences and tracks per sequence.

Filed: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/export-turns-off-caption-track-when-return-to-seque...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources