• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Idea: new Pan and Zoom feature is great; can you add Fit shortcut?

Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really liking the new Pan and Zoom option in the Viewers. I'm using the scroll wheel on my mouse and its very intuitive. Once thing I would love is the option to quickly jump to "Fit" or 100% in the view options. I'd like to be able to quickly zoom in, pan around and then pull back out to a "normal" view without too many extra clicks. Maybe double-clicking the mouse wheel? Or a quick modifier+click. I know I could probably add my own Scale to Fit option in Keyboard Shortcuts but it would be nice to add it in the tool itself.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set a shortcut key for fit, but yes, using the mouse with a modifier key would be better, voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted.

There is clearly interest in this, but it is mixed in with the many posts in the two major threads about the zoom/scroll bars changes.

I assume the whole point to zooming with the scroll wheel is to avoid using keystrokes or other actions to move around.

In testing this, I set Application level shortcuts for 100% and fit. But that was just because there is no modifier/other action possible yet.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mouse click option would be great.

I'd like to see it match what we can currently do in Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, and InDesign where double-clicking the Zoom Tool sets the Magnification to 100% along with a modifier key behavior specific to Premiere Pro where command or control double-clicking the Zoom Tool sets the Magnification to Fit.  A preference to reverse the modifier key behavior could also be helpful (so Fit with a Zoom Tool double-click and 100% with a command or control Zoom Tool double-click).

Actually, I'd love it if the the Zoom Tool worked in the Program panel and Source panel in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is the worse think ever! getting over the video and get zoomed when touching the (magic) mouse as many users we want tu be desable somewhere or like before option-scroll to zoom. We need scrool to jog/shuttle over the timeline, over the video just let us desable this crazy zoom! And add audio waveform over the video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources