• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in Beta: Markers Panel Improvements

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are pleased to announce some Markers Panel improvements for Pr 24.2 Beta, starting with build 016. Inside the Markers Panel menu, you will now see new filter options forShow All Markers, Show Sequence Markers and Show Clip Markers. Choose any one filter at a time to see the markers that are most relevant to in the Markers Panel. We have also added a setting to "Ignore selection in Timeline" if you want to filter markers without caring about what may be currently selected in the timeline.

Here is what those new menu items look like in the latest Pr 24.2 public beta build:
Pr24.2xBeta052_MarkersPanelMenu.png

Along with these new viewing options, we have also enhanced the Markers Panel experience in other ways:

1. If two or more track items (with Clip markers) are selected, you can now see all of their markers in the Markers Panel at the same time.
  2. Multiple markers can be selected at the same time in the Markers Panel and deleted together. This one was actually new for Pr 24.0 but we did not announce it broadly at that time, so please try it out now if you have not already done so.
  3.  Sequence timecode is always shown in the Markers Panel whenever a track item with markers is selected. However, if you load a clip with markers into the Source Monitor, then the source timecode will be shown for those markers in the Markers Panel.
    4. New user interface indicators have been added to the Markers Panel to show where Source/Sequence In and Out points have been placed amidst the markers displayed in the Markers Panel. These new UI elements include separate unique horizontal indicators for In and Out points that are displayed between markers, as well as a faint indication highlight applied to all markers included within the In-to-out range.

jstrawn_1-1702313313941.png

Note: The current tone of this in-range highlight is still in the design phase and may change slightly.

TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big improvement, thanks. I did notice that one clip marker appeared twice (e.g. for V and A) whereas the others appeared only once. 
The repeat clip marker seemed to prevent 'next marker' from working once it hit the first instance (only in marker window though, worked OK in programme and marker dialogue box).

No way of having track specific markers? (e.g. to mark video or audio only cues)?

No way of moving marker (e.g. from sequence to V1 clip)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the testing!

No ways for track-specific markers, or moving markers = No. Our current efforts are focused on improving the Marker panel, and not expanding and re-architecting Marker support across PPro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor_Asq Thank you for trying it and thank you for attaching that project! You're onto something with those stacked markers on unlinked A/V clips. I'm taking a look at that now and it looks like something we can fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for doing this. It will make Marker workflows a lot smoother. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you!

"Ignore Selection in Timeline" is a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's still some strange behaviour when using markers on sequences in source window.
Stringout (with both sequence and clip markers) loaded into source monitor - only sequence markers are shown in the marker window. 
Selecting the sequence markers in the marker panel goes to that point in the source panel timeline and space bar and JKL work correctly (i.e. moving/playing the source panel timeline).

If the stringout in the source panel is then 'opened in timeline' then the clip markers are also shown. Switching between the Source Monitor timeline panel and the source panel itself toggles the display of clip markers.

Selecting any of the markers in the marker panel, with the source monitor timeline panel active, jumps to that part of the source monitor timeline (source panel seems unaffected) but any transport shortcuts now affects the program monitor timeline. Which is surely still a bug? (c.f. https://www.facebook.com/groups/adobepremierepro/posts/3386178574777071/)

From this point - match framing to a source CLIP from the main timeline and marker panel behaviour is as expected BUT if I then switch to the source monitor timeline the clip markers ARE now displayed AND selecting markers in the marker panel jumps to correct source monitor marker (in source timeline AND source panel) AND transport controls now control the source timeline and monitor correctly.

Toggline the focus from source panel to program panel and back again seems to reset the behaviour.

Oh and closing the timeline (source monitor) unloads it from the source panel - which also makes no sense.

NB behaviour of marker panel when timeline is open in source monitor seems to be very similar to marker panel when selecting timeline in project panel (i.e. sequence markers, not clip markers, are displayed)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ecbz4eB14FEwBIqkwlGv_3VfKvsaHGhM/view?usp=sharing - screen recording of above 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Trevor_Asq  Thank you for taking a look at the feature and for sharing your feedback here.

I've read through what you wrote and watched the video a couple of times. Everything I'm seeing looks expected to me. When you open a sequence item (from the project) into a Source Mon you are really viewing it as a project asset (like a clip), so you're only seeing its sequence markers in the Source Mon as if they were clip markers.

But I played with this some more with the help of a co-worker (Ben) and we came up with these steps + result:

1. Load sequence with markers into source monitor
  2. Open Sequence in Timeline from Source Wrench
  3. Click in Source Sequence in Timeline Panel
  4. Click in Markers Panel
  5. Press Spacebar/JKL to play.  The source monitor should play.

Result:
    Two panels are in focus at the same time (Timeline and Markers or Timeline and Program Mon) and none of the play controls will work.

This is a bug I can log now and get fixed soon. I'll post back here after the fix gets verified and hopefully you can try your whole workflow again without the troubles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources