• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Beta crashing computer

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to open a project file (short film) but whenever I do after a couple of seconds it freezes my computer and causes it to crash or restart. As I'm typing this im noticing an update notification maybe it is that ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

We have received no crash reports from your email address. 

Does the same thing happen in other projects, or just that one short film project?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have received no crash reports from your email address. 

Does the same thing happen in other projects, or just that one short film project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure why it is not sending crash reports, but I tried opening another project wuth almost nothing done yet in it and its still doing the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does creating a new project, and importing some media, work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Dont feel like opening a new project because my computer alwasy would crash and restart. That being said, when i open any project it works for a couple of seconds before freezing, when i say freeze it not only freezes premeire but it freezes my whole computer. Not even my mouse works when this happens. I have to wait until my computer crashes and restarts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I Dont feel like opening a new project because my computer alwasy would crash and restart.

If you'd rather not have our help troubleshooting, that's fine; testing with a new empty project would determine whether the problem was provoked by something already in the projects you're opening. 

The fact that the crashes you're seeing have symptoms outside of PPro, suggest that something other than PPro is going wrong with your system.

Has PPro ever behaved well, on this system? If so, what about your configuration has changed, since then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok i see, sorry its just im starting to feel uncorftable opening the app with the amount of times it has crashed and rebooted. Premiere has preformed well for me ever since i started using it. This is the first time this is happening. Also i am currently using the regular Ppro and it is working just fine. 

Am i able to open a premeire beta project within regular premiere pro ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Oh ok i see, sorry its just im starting to feel uncorftable opening the app with the amount of times it has crashed and rebooted.

Totally understandable. 

>Premiere has preformed well for me ever since i started using it. This is the first time this is happening.

What has changed about your system configuration, since that happier time?

Am i able to open a premeire beta project within regular premiere pro ?

Yes, as long as they're the same major version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my late response. So i opned a new prject in beta and so far its working fine.

The only thing thats changes is I updated my mac 27inch about a week ago.

What do you mean same major version ? As in premiere 2024 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>The only thing thats changes is I updated my mac 27inch about a week ago.

Updated what about your mac? New OS? New mac? 🙂

>What do you mean same major version ? As in premiere 2024 ?

Current major version = 24.x. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New OS.

Also yes they both should be 24.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to beta forum.

provide feedback.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources