Exit

Program/Source windows using Nearest Neighbour (or similar) scaling

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro version: 22.1.0.14
Hey guys!

After updating, my playback windows are using nearest neigbour scaling instead of bicubic (or whatever it used to use)

This happens on software or CUDA, and with any resolution selected (and both with/without high quality playback selected)

Paused frames appear to have the same issue

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump (is this just me?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share screenshots exhibiting this issue? Is this issue specific to some media type? If yes, can you share some sample. And do you have any effect applied on the clip?

-Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots attached - one is a screen grab and one is a rendered frame

Further notes: it only is an issue on scale sizes larger than 100%, in my testing

As shown below, it affects media as well as graphics (using the text tool in this case, but I have tested with imported PNGs etc)

No effects on clip

GPU drivers up to date (Nvidia Production Branch 471.68 on a Quadro P4000)

(Note: can confirm problem still exists in PrPro Beta 22.1.0.35)

1.PNG2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @parenteswagking, thank you for reporting. It is related to a display level change we made recently in 22.1 to show none-interpolated pixels when view is zoomed in (>100%). We are still working on accomodating different sampling expectation for different workflows. Please help share your concerns if any. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info!
My preference would be to have an option to view an interpolated version for playback, but I trust you guys are the experts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources