Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hardware NVENC Encoding HD Anamorphic Not Working Properly

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community,

I love the new NVENC encoder. Makes my encodes in h.265 so much faster! However, there is one big issue that I cannot seem to fix unless I use software encoding. Whenever I render a sequence which is in HD Anamorphic 1.33, I get a squeezed image such as the one here: 

wrong.jpg

When I utilize normal software encoding, this is the result:

right.jpg

The software encoding has the intended effect. I cannot find a way to fix this without switching to software encoding, does anyone have a fix for this? If not Adobe, please fix this ASAP. I love the new hardware encoder and it greatly speeds up my workflow, and I would like to use it on my anamorphic projects.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please test the output file in Premiere pro and share a sample source project and Encoding preset.

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same Problem. With anamorphic footage hardware acceleration does not work.

I scaled the timeline  and the clips by hand to fit well but even short clips take forever to render 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources