• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding text!!

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My edit screen for Premiere Rush on my laptop is not the same as tutorials from Adobe or on YouTube. Therefore I cannot figure out how to add text. When I click on the blue + tab 4 choices, check out my screenshot, come up on mine instead of the 3 that is on all the others I see. Also, all the titles when I click on graphics come up on the left on mine and on the others they're on the right. Can someone tell me why this is plz.

20201212_144138.jpg

20201212_144102.jpg

20201212_144027.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Hi Lilly,

Sorry. Your search uncovered a post that is over a year old had no solution. Sorry about that. Let's add one.

Previously, Rush had a dedicated title tool but it has been removed in the interim. The way the team intends for you to add titles is to pick a template and then "customize" it to your liking.

There are good ways to get started with this, but aren't really exposed in the Help documentation, and certainly fewer YouTube videos exist discussing this as this is more of a recent

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but using app on my phone and iPad and I still can't figure out how to add Text and not use the graphic templates...

I'd be happy to know how if there is a way at all.. 

you would think adobe would have thought to add one of the Simplest things an hour during app has to have... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilly,

Sorry. Your search uncovered a post that is over a year old had no solution. Sorry about that. Let's add one.

Previously, Rush had a dedicated title tool but it has been removed in the interim. The way the team intends for you to add titles is to pick a template and then "customize" it to your liking.

There are good ways to get started with this, but aren't really exposed in the Help documentation, and certainly fewer YouTube videos exist discussing this as this is more of a recent change. Let's see if I can help you get going.

To get started on creating a title from a template, I suggest doing the following:

1.  Click the Graphics tool in the upper right corner of the interface.
  2.  Click the "+" sign to "Add Graphic."
  3.  The Graphics drawer slides open on the left of the interface.
  4.  Click the arrow that says "More" in the upper right of the drawer.
  5.  Type in the search term "Basic" in the search box.
  6.  A variety of very basic titles appear.
  7.  Drag the title closest to the one you wish to use as a title to the timeline and edit it to V2 accordingly.
  8.  Tools are immediately exposed to customize this title. Adjust these controls to suit you.

Tip: If you do not see the title, make sure the playhead is parked on the title clip. 

Let us know if this advice helped you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! 

Has Adobe addressed the lack of text block yet? I am in the process of trying to do a presentation, with bullet points, and it seems my only options for text is titles.  Am I missing something, or is Adobe just not offering options for text block unless you go through the process of tweaking a Title to fit your needs? 

If the latter, this is honestly a major design flaw and shortcoming, Premiere Pro offers better options and it seems it wouldn't be that ahrd to add these to Rush.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines