• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete space between clips - gap is persistant

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a gap/space between two clips that seems to be persistant. I can slide/snap the next clip in the timeline back up against the clip to remove the gap, as well as drag the previous clip to the next clip, but this just moves the gap down the timeline, when I try to drag the yellow handle to "fill in the gap" with footage, with the hopes of deleting it later, it moves the rest of my clips down the track, as if there is something there. 

I have a 2 hour long sequence I am editing, and I cannot highlight the rest of the clips in the timeline in order to drag them as a group back into place.

Any advice? Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush automatically snaps clips together, so there must be something at work on the timeline that's not obvious. If you can post a screen capture of your timeline that might help us.

Meantime, are you talking about the main video track or one of the upper video tracks? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response. I believe it is the main track. I've attached two screenshots that I hope illustrate my problem better. Also, I learned that 5 or so clips near the area where I have this problem all had the rate increased at the last split second, not noticable unless I looked at the rate handles over the clips in the timeline. I went back and reset all the rate edits so they were 100% speed throughout the clip. 

I'm assuming it was sloppy assembly.

I agree there is probably something hidden in the background re: the clips that I am not seeing. after adding a motion graphics elementafter adding a motion graphics elementBefore Adding a motion graphics elementBefore Adding a motion graphics element

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This illustrations are somewhat helpful. But can you show a screenshot of the entire timeline -- or even the program's entire interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, I was able to snap clips together manually but could not use ribble delete or delete the gaps between clips. For me the issue was my music track that for some reason was preventing this. 

Source (provides a few more options on possible fixes): https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/5cafma/help_i_cant_delete_or_ripple_delete_gaps_in_my/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It's crazy-making.  There's a gap in the timeline that simply won't fill in, i.e., it won't snap together. It just goes black during the gap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was eventually able to move the remaing clips to the left, filling in the gap. I'm not sure what finally allowed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not just you! Ever since the updates, myself and the other person I work with who uses this program, both of us have had this happen repeatedly! One of the gaps I am trying to fill is at the beginning of 200 small splice clips. It would be a NIGHTMARE to move them all over one by one. Can anybody help please?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Haven't found a solution yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump.  Having the same issue - and too many clips to move over manually.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines