Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing media on Premiere Rush for Desktop

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have made a video on Premiere Rush for Desktop (I do not use the mobile version). I successfully exported the video a couple times, but I went to make another change and I am getting all my media coming up with a red box with a ! in the middle. I don't think I have changed anything, but this is what my screen now looks like. All of these red boxes correspond to one image that is being moved across the screen with pan shifts and zooms. I also do not use sync. How can I get my media back?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.26.27 PM.png

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

I have figured it out! For anyone in the future that has this problem, go to project assets. Find the media that does not have a preview available and click to link it with the location of that image/media on your computer. The path to the media must have gotten lost somewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

YOU JUST SAVED ME !!!!    10 hours of work ! 

THANK YOU 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured it out! For anyone in the future that has this problem, go to project assets. Find the media that does not have a preview available and click to link it with the location of that image/media on your computer. The path to the media must have gotten lost somewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i don't understand... I have the same problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Adobe Rush project, on the left side of your screen, click on the file box icon -- those are the assets. Then find the missing asset, click the 3 dots in the lower right corner of the missing asset, and click "find and connect."

AdobeRushAssets.PNG

AdobeRushAssetsConnect.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have to do this for all videos that are missing? Lol. In other applications it automatically checks the whole folder but Rush doesn’t seem to do this. So I’d have to click on all 200 videos and do this process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This occurs if you move the original footage to another location after the project is completed. The worst part is that unlike InDesign where you can source the file by the exact name and relink the file and it automatically links any other project files in the same location. That's a big fail I think. Fine if you don't want to re-edit ever again, but that's a pretty rare occurence. Some videos have many source files and this is a right pain. 

Unless someone has a way to relink all? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This... I have been looking for a solution for hours now and from this comment I found out that if you move the file to another place in the computer (think a folder) it will not be able to find said file anymore. Within seconds of removing it from the folder all edits and frames came back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my video and didn't find any blank spots but when I go to download it tells me a file in this sequence cannot be found. What can I do to figure out while file it is without downloading it as it is and watching it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue. I have way too many videos and stills used to go through each one and find missing files. Adobe really needs to have the functionality of selecting a folder to find multiple images at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... Yep I alos moved a video to another folder... but although I have latest v2.5.0. Rush, there is no  option to 'Find and Connect'??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end of 2022 is nearing and still no improvement on this issue.. (which I get alot!)

Since many of my files even have the same filename and I have like almost a hundered, it's just not doable to "Find and Connect" and get my original project back in shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was having same issue going from iphone to pc - tried creating video on iphone using iphone photos uploaded to DropBox and solved problem, did not have to click 'find and connect' download was automatic - much faster too

was not having same issue going from creating videos on pc and viewing on iphone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOU JUST SAVED ME !!!!    10 hours of work ! 

THANK YOU 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines