Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush playback just showing black screen

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

Hopefully it's okay to post here? Not quite familiar with posting here as it's first time. Anyways, I've been trying to use premiere rush to edit a video for the first time, I'm on my PC (Windows 10). My main issue right now is the footage I've put into my project, when I try to play it the sound works fine and all but the footage just shows a black screen! Until I pause it... I looked at some game footage I had that was 1080p it seems that plays back fine. Currently the footage I'm using is I think 2k footage shot from my DJI Osmo Action. It's driving me nuts I just want to get this started and done. As you can imagine it's hard to work on editing a video if you can't even see what's going on when you're trying to play it back!

Edit: I've tried clearing the cache, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling and still no fix.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Hi nabs141, 

Thanks for the details, and let us know what you've already tried. 

Several things can cause the monitor displaying black. Here are a few things you can try to resolve it

Update your graphics card driver.  

If you have Intel card https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

If you have an Nvidia card:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Open the Rush project Go to the File menu > View > Enable "Use Optimized Clips"

Let us know if eith

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mine has the same problem. and its also showing that it needs HEVC but even after downloading HEVC. its still the same. im at the point of just giving up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in here. Only blackscreen after rendering and exporting the video in MP4 format.

Any way to fix this issue ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue on a Mac.  Found that if I convert media clips from .MOV to .MP4 before starting the project, everything works fine.  Had to use a separate video converter app to do this.  Good luck everybody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a variation of this problem.  I've successfully edited and delivered 10 or so videos now (working through constant windows restarts, but really nice editing features in Rush).  On this one project, the preview window is black and the clip timeline is grayed out, but just on the main video track.  Overlays display fine.  OTHER PROJECTS DISPLAY FINE.  So it isn't a systemic problem on windows, or overall Rush settings.  Is there some track setting that hides the video on the main track?  Audio works on this project as well.  I would hate to start over on this project!  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind: found the answer.  Clip/Track controls, and then there is the "hide" (eyeball) icon.  Somehow it was saved as hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I tried EVERYTHING and couldn't get it work. Here's what finally worked for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhWeMPt3SQc

Hope it works for you too, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen turns black when I press play after editing a video from the Premiere Rush app. While playing the edited video, it would turn the screen black for a few seconds and come back on randomly back and forth throughout the video.

Very frustrated, I disconnected from the internet/wifi and realized that the app didn't do that black screen issue at all.

Eventually, I realized that to avoid the random black screen issue when connected to the wifi, I would minimize the screen of the Premiere Rush app on my computer screen and I would not have this annoying black screen issue when playing the edited video.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problem on Premiere Rush on my iPhone.  I worked long editing a project, then clicked the home icon, and it's been stuck on rotating circle screen for a while.

The app won't allow me to click anything on it.

I have iOS 16.5.

I just left that blue circle spinning for the last 8 hours, and still no better.

I'm worried to just close Rush and relaunch it, as I'm afraid I'll lose all my work.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Ted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right there with you. As usual, I am forlorn but not surprised to see that my new problem, in 2023, has been a problem in Adobe's books since at least 2019. I'm shocked. ANYWAY... the bottom half of my player thinks there's still something in the sequence, maybe eventually the top half will get the memo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines