Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush 2.9 update did not fix export issue

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe Team,

I was one of the users having exporting issues on my iPhone 15 Pro with Rush 2.8 and iOS 17.1. I updated to Rush 2.9 as soon as I saw it in the App Store, and I'm still having the same rendering issue with my existing project. I currently have iOS 17.1.2. 

This is a project I created before the 2.9 update. I did a quick test in a new project by re-uploading one of the 4k video files used in my existing project, as well as a few images, and this new project didn't seem to have rendering issues. I haven't gone through to recreate the full project yet and test it, because it's a larger one that will take me a couple days to recreate (which I'm hoping to avoid). The existing project makes a 20ish minute long video, made up of a few dozen 4k videos recorded on my iPhone (no cinematic mode...all 30fps or 60fps), cut and edited with a few transitions, speed changes, and music.

Hoping you have some insight. Was the bug fix supposed to allow me to render pre-existing projects?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: For troubleshooting I've tried offloading and reinstalling the app, hard resetting my phone, exporting in airplane mode, trying different export settings, and exporting with sync turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue here. Cannot export video. I will try and start over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry @woodshaped. Was this a new project or an updated one? Let the community know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Existing project I had sitting waiting for the latest  update to came out but it still will not export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not good news, @woodshaped. I am really sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know. I will pass this along to the team.

Take Care,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @adams82855197,

Thanks for the note and for the info you provided. Helpful.

I'm still having the same rendering issue with my existing project. I currently have iOS 17.1.2. This is a project I created before the 2.9 update.

I did a quick test in a new project by re-uploading one of the 4k video files used in my existing project, as well as a few images, and this new project didn't seem to have rendering issues.

Hoping you have some insight. Was the bug fix supposed to allow me to render pre-existing projects?

It certainly sounds like the issue still occurs on updated projects. I apologize that happened to you. This can happen with any NLE, unfortunately. The bugs still live in projects that are updated while new projects are free of the bug. I've been in the same situation, so I know how it feels. Not good.

Again, this is a user to user forum, but let me ask engineering if they have any insight here. I am sorry for the frustration. 

Thanks,
Kevin

P.S. I have upvoted all discussions related to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adams82855197 - Hi @woodshaped,

I spoke with the team and they said that they can’t imagine that the fix only works on new projects to be true.  They asked if it was possible that your existing projects are using HEVC footage, and new ones are not?

Let the community know. Sorry again for the situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you again for looking into this for us. A good portion of the video files are HEVC format, because unfortunately that's the only codec iPhones allow 4k 60fps footage to be shot in. Both projects are using the same HEVC files, though the original project has significantly more, as the newer project was just a test with a couple videos I created for the sake of testing the new update.

I'm testing the new one again, and I do see that even rendering one HEVC video that's roughly 1.5 minutes long takes a very long time (timing it now, and I'm at 67% after 15 minutes).

I'm not sure if this helps, but I have used some HEVC videos in the past for similar lengthed projects (10-20 minute videos) and haven't had the crashing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Kevin-Monahan , just wanted to check back on this. Is there a larger issue here, or was the solution that I'm not supposed to use HEVC files in Rush? I mentioned I'd used them in the past with no issues, Rush is compatible with them, and both projects are using the same HEVC videos. Just want to make sure I understand moving forward. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It was mentioned by devs before the fix. I'm not sure of the specifics. Perhaps a workaround could be tried with alternative codecs. 

I'll ask once I get back into the office. I'm sick today.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update for anyone following, I've updated to iOS 17.2 today and nothing has changed. Been waiting for over a month for a resolution, but I think I'm SOL on this project, and have started from scratch on a different app. Giving Capcut a go, and if it doesn't have all the features I need, I'm going to see if I can at least cut all of my clips down and export them into a video file that Rush can handle for me to finish my project off. If it works I'll update in a few days or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat. The update did fix the bug for one video export for a couple days, but now the same problem is back on ios 17.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues. It started with a delay when I scrub through my project so I deleted over 8gb of data just to ensure it wasn't my phone. Over the past few days it's gotten worse now I'm completely haulted from completing my work. This is extremely inconvenient considering that there's never a lag when Adobe takes my monthly subscription. If anyone is looking for an alternative "LumaFusion" works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't event get that far. After the most recent update Rush crashed within 60 seconds of me opening the program. I'm running on the most recent version of IOS on my IPad Pro. I've tried every troubleshoot I can think of, including reducing the amount of data stored on my account, deleting and reinstalling the software etc. 

I've just has to restart a project with a new subscription on Filmora because Rush is inaccessible and it's due next week. Absolutely devestated - hours and hours of work down the drain because of this issue. I've loved this software before now but am confused about why there is no resolution after over a week? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey everyone, just a quick update:

I restarted my project in CapCut, doing the clip editing of all of the HEVC videos, as well as a voiceover, and exported it into a 22 minute HEVC video file (30FPS in 4K). CapCut didn't really have great options for sound editing, so I did that (including adding multiple background tracks, transitions, etc.) in a new Rush project with my newly created video file.

Even though the new file was a 22 minute HEVC file, Rush rendered it with all the additional sound editing and added music without issue. Not sure which part of all of that made it work, but it did.

I'll probably continue editing larger projects in this manner until I hear more certainly that Rush can handle the editing and exporting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines