Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush not importing mp4, mov, or mpeg 4 on iPad app

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just tried to add a MOV file imported from my MacBook Pro to my iPad 7 gen, and it says file type not supported. After that, I imported it to photos app and it said the same thing. I also tried to change the movie format to mp4, mov, mpeg 4 using file master, none of them worked. I would like to know why because it says that Adobe rush should be able to import mov, mp4 AND mpeg 4 file types, yet none work!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Hi @Marshall31006350qdwg,

I read your post. Thanks for the info. We do need to reproduce the issue first. Can you upload a sample file to DropBox, Creative Cloud or Google Drive and share it with us? That way, we can test the file out. I can also file a bug for you if it won't work here, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yichen! 

Sorry about the trouble. We can get this checked. 

• Can you let us know the codec of the files?
  • Which device have you used to capture the footage?
  • Could you share a screenshot of the message that you're getting?

Let us know. Happy to help.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The device I used to record the footage is an Intel MacBook Pro I bought during early this year (you won't find it on the Apple website, they don't sell that exact MacBook anymore). I used the Apple recorder to record it, the file is a QuickTime movie, with the extension .MOV (I tried mp4, doesn't work either). When I import into rush from the Files app, I get a file not supported error (attachment below). When I save the file to my Photos application and then use camera roll to import into rush, The bar will travel really quickly to 100% full and then go all the way back, and nothing will happen. 

0101F049-4C09-4C85-8B12-F634B19F8FA8.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Could you share a sample file with us for testing? 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem. I imported mp4 videos from my android smartphone in the fotos app on the iPad. They cannot be imported. Is there a solution for thus issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have we found a solution to this? I'm having this problem now and it's extremely frustrating. Never had an issue like this before but now only on my iPad Pro 11 inch, instead of importing the videos to a project it just says the file type isn't supported and doesn't import them. But they import fine on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marshall31006350qdwg,

I read your post. Thanks for the info. We do need to reproduce the issue first. Can you upload a sample file to DropBox, Creative Cloud or Google Drive and share it with us? That way, we can test the file out. I can also file a bug for you if it won't work here, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue on my iPad Pro. I was not able to import mp4 fiels from my Adoid phone in Adobe Rush on the iPad. I downloaded a video converter app in the iPad (in German "Video Konverter und Komprsssor"). Workaround: I safe and sync Videos with Synology Photos. I take the Videos from my Phone, which are safed in Sysnology Photos an export them from the app on my iPad to the Photos App an the iPad. Thena I vonvert the Videos with the Converter App in mov an then I can import them to Adobe Premiere Rush. It's not a good/easy workflow. It would be great, that Adobe Premiere Rush could import mp4 files from Androud devices directly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines