• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does Premiere Rush store project files on Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Where does Premiere Rush store project files on Mac?

Thanks

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to , Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Hi there!

Thanks for writing in. Is your project synced to Creative Cloud? https://helpx.adobe.com/lv/premiere-rush/help/project-syncing-premiere-rush.html

It lets you save your project assets on the cloud and you can access them on multiple devices.

Let us know if that helps.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Hi Sunflower Imaging,

Sorry, there is no location for project files on your local drive as projects contain various different hunks of data that live both on your machine and in Creative Cloud. In other words, there is no way to "collect a project" for storage or backup as you could in, say, Premiere Pro. The project items on your machine are machine readable only, and would be of no use to you. I apologize for that. It's rather the nature of the beast.

You could probably work around that issu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for writing in. Is your project synced to Creative Cloud? https://helpx.adobe.com/lv/premiere-rush/help/project-syncing-premiere-rush.html

It lets you save your project assets on the cloud and you can access them on multiple devices.

Let us know if that helps.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar question on MAC... I've created a Adobe Rush Project locally (not synced to Creative Cloud) as my client would prefer their images are not on any cloud service.  I'd still like to be able to backup the project file with the other assests from the assignment.  Where can I find the local Rush Project so I don't lose all the sequences and adjustments I have created? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunflower Imaging,

Sorry, there is no location for project files on your local drive as projects contain various different hunks of data that live both on your machine and in Creative Cloud. In other words, there is no way to "collect a project" for storage or backup as you could in, say, Premiere Pro. The project items on your machine are machine readable only, and would be of no use to you. I apologize for that. It's rather the nature of the beast.

You could probably work around that issue, though, and (yes, it could take awhile) add placeholders where your clients assets used to be. I hope that would work for you. If you would like such a feature to collect project assets for storage and backup, feel free to make a feature request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does this mean that once we create a project on our laptops, we are never able to change the location of the source files? I have all of my videos saved locally on my desktop but I am running out of storage. Am I able to put all of the videos on an external hard drive that Rush can pull from or is changing the path not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Boo on Adobe for making video editing software for noobs like me that disappears your work so easily. Not everyone can use the cloud for everything. I had to change computers and lost everything I'd been working on for weeks, despite backing up. So stressful! 

Luckily, I found the project files. 

If you have a backup, locate this folder:

• Hard Drive/Users/Your Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Team Projects Local Hub/2021/Local/

Move the contents from this backup folder into the corresponding folder on your new drive and re-open Rush. Good luck/don't despair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines