• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why have my still pictures zooming in and moving?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create stop start animation with picture stills. so far this has been fine, but have done an update and my still pictures move! it is driving me mad! please help as this is important for my work.

thank you 

TOPICS
Desktop version , Feature request , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Hi lucy5C35. As you discovered, the movement of your photos is due to the Pan & Zoom feature, which is now auto-applied to photos (except if they're small or have an alpha layer).

At the moment, Rush does not have an option to not auto-apply this effect. Adding that option is on our to-do list. We are releasing this feature incrementally as we complete various pieces of it. We debated whether to turn on auto-apply before the switch to turn it off was added, and we obviously decided to do so. Our

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have worked this out now but it is very convelouted and annoying! for some reason in effects, the pan and zoom button has been switched on and i have to manually turn it off on all stills! this is very time consuming! does anyone know how to turn it off for all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lucy5C35. As you discovered, the movement of your photos is due to the Pan & Zoom feature, which is now auto-applied to photos (except if they're small or have an alpha layer).

At the moment, Rush does not have an option to not auto-apply this effect. Adding that option is on our to-do list. We are releasing this feature incrementally as we complete various pieces of it. We debated whether to turn on auto-apply before the switch to turn it off was added, and we obviously decided to do so. Our apologies that this has proven troublesome in your case.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "create stop start animation with picture stills"? Does the Pan & Zoom feature let you achieve what you want to do, or are you talking about something else entirely? Have you discovered that you can edit the P&Z effect? If not, here's what to do:

1. Select a single photo in the Timeline
  2. in the Effects panel on desktop or an iPad, click Pan and Zoom. This twirls open that section, which is the key to getting into the P&Z edit mode. On a phone, tap Motion in the Effects panel, then tap Pan & Zoom.
  3. in the Monitor, drag the corners of the Start an End boxes to resize them, and drag from inside a box to position it.

When you're in the P&Z edit mode, the Monitor shows only the selected photo, and it does not reflect any position, cropping, or color changes that you've made to it. To preview the P&Z animation, you can either scrub the clip or click play. When you're done adjusting the effect, close the Effects panel to return the Monitor to its regular mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

super glad i found this thread as it was driving me bonkers. did a background in PS, placed into RUSH and it was wrong size initially due to what i just found out is the AUTO pan feature turned ON automatically.  Easy to turn off but no idea why you would AUTO this feature, anyway thanks for the solution....! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so so much for this feed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines