• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add to Dictionary in RoboHelp 2019 - new UI not sticking

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this was asked back in February and marked answered, but it doesn't seem to be working and I'm on version 2019.0.6.  This is not classic. This is the new UI. I would swear that it does add some words for awhile at least, but other words (our company name being the easiest to remember) seem to need to be constantly added. 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't suffered this but I tend to be working on test projects and other peoples projects so I'm not really using the dictionary. I suggest, pain as it will be, that you note what you add to the dictionary to get some evidence of things needing to be re-entered, then report that as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't take that much effort.  Opened the program. Went through my topics and added 10 words/acronyms marked as misspelled to the dictionary.  Closed the program.  Opened the program and the same 10 words were marked as misspelled.  Entered the bug report RH-4573.

This should be the link Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I read the problem as being some words not being retained. I think you are now saying all words added are not retained. I think that is a known issue with languages other than English US that should be fixed soon.

What is the project language?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know it was all until I started recording the steps.  However, the project language is English (US).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm! I have now reported that as well.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can also confirm that the "Add to Dictionary" feature does not work on 2019.0.6 (not Classic). The added words (any words) are not retained upon reopening the program. The project language is English US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread is about 2019 new UI.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I meant - the new RH 2019 UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked "Can also confirm that the "Add to Dictionary" feature does not work on 2019.0.6 (not Classic)" and the thread is saying in earlier posts it is not working. The thread title say 2019 New UI.

Am I misunderstanding you?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they're saying "I too am having this problem in the New UI", rather than asking a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the post started "Can you confirm..." I took it as being a question. I read the question as meaning is it new UI as the poster said "not Classic". Given that the thread title said "new ui" and the first post referenced 2019.0.6, the question seemed to have been answered, hence me questioning whether I was misunderstanding.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Issue RH-4573 for words not added to dictionary and list is not retained when RH is reopened will be fixed as part of RH 2019 update 8.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there plans to edit the spelling options similar to what we had in prior versions? For example, in 2017 we are able to click the Review tab and choose Spelling Options and this dialog appears:

Snag_e789c20.png

I don't seem to be able to find anything remotely similar in 2019.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp