• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding non-breaking spaces

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to add non-breaking spaces in the text. In RH 2019 I was using CTRL+SPACE, however this key combination does not work with RH2020. Is there any other way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

CTRL Space is not a non breaking space. I entered £ 10 and it breaks so £ on one line and 10 on the next. £ 10 does not. 

There is an asterisk on the top toolbar that allows you to enter special characters. That has what you see below. 

image.png

I inserted that between £ and 10 and it looks like this in author view and output. You wouldn't put a space between those two normally. I just used that to prove it works.

image.png

My site www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Might also try ALT-255 for the ASCII version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing when you say 2019, you mean 2019 Classic. I say that becaus 2019 New UI and 2020 are both HTML5 and CSS3 compliant. The change from proprietary code in Classic to strict adherence to standards is the most likely reason for the change.

See if this helps. HTML Entities (w3schools.com) 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks for your quick response. Yes, it is with RH 2019 Classic. However I was wondering if there was a way to insert them in edit mode with RH 2020 without going into the HTML code (e.g. CTRL+SPACE or someting similar). 

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTRL Space is not a non breaking space. I entered £ 10 and it breaks so £ on one line and 10 on the next. £ 10 does not. 

There is an asterisk on the top toolbar that allows you to enter special characters. That has what you see below. 

image.png

I inserted that between £ and 10 and it looks like this in author view and output. You wouldn't put a space between those two normally. I just used that to prove it works.

image.png

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might also try ALT-255 for the ASCII version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also request features here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr, 

Thank you for the idea. I just can't find the item number, Do you know where I can see it?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you create your feature request the number should be at the top of the page. It's also part of the URL in the address bar so you can post the whole URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp