Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding pdf button in the compiled final output

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Robohelp 2017 and my final output is responsive html. I would like to know if there is an option to add pdf button(just like the print button) in the skin. Clicking on this button should export the content and create a pdf file. 

Please reply.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that you would need to be able to open each users print dialog and select PDF. That is something you can't do so the answer is no. The user has to choose their PDF option.

What you can do is create the PDF and link that to the topic. Maybe just create a PDF for each section or even one for the whole project. The problem with those options is you update the topic but the user doesn't go back to the help and is viewing stale information.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp