• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update project RH 2019->2022: Skin Orange Logo and background image change not possible

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating from RH 2019 to 2020 for a Frameless edition, I had modified an Orange skin in RH 2019. In 2020 I cannot use this skin. The project is not calculated. So for 2020 I have to modify the skin again. (This just the back story my problem starts here:) I can't replace the logo and the background image of the homepage in RH 2020. At first everything looks fine. But as soon as I save the skin, the images are deleted and get placeholders.

18-07-_2022_19-53-42.png
Graphic size, format of the graphic (png, gif) does not change anything, it happens with all graphics. I also restarted RH and made new attempts with the original orange skin. In 2019 I had no problems at all. I had used the same images.
 Is 2020 more sensitive here as well? What to do?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

I applied your images to a new project with the Orange skin.

I used Local Files to add your images to the skin but I don't think that would be any different to if I had put the images in Assets > Images. RoboHelp would just have copied them to the skin.

I could close and reopen the skin and the new images stuck. Here they are in the output.

image.png

Obviously the image needs a bit of editing but that's a separate issue.

Please try in a brand new project and see if that works. Let us know.

____

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the titles of your previous posts and the highlight text, it does look as if you have been having some skin problems and I can't help wondering if it is time to start again with a new copy of the skin.

Obviously you won't be keen on that so all I can suggest is trying Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do also check whether the logo looks okay in the output. In testing I've noticed that sometimes the skin editor gets confused but the output is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have used a new skin. I have shown the workflow and the result in the movie.

https://youtu.be/jUSH1qz_EPo

I have checked these directories:
.\[project folder]\publish\skins\[skin name]
.\[output folder]\Template\[skin name]
They contain the logo file Signet_white_42x42.png and no
Customer_button_place_holder.png file

Am I doing something wrong or is this a support case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me those images? Attach them to the email address on the Contact page on my site.

Please include in the email the location you are inserting the images and in which skin. It would help if you use the English language for where you are adding the images but don't worry if you can't. 

I will try in a new project and see what I get. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied your images to a new project with the Orange skin.

I used Local Files to add your images to the skin but I don't think that would be any different to if I had put the images in Assets > Images. RoboHelp would just have copied them to the skin.

I could close and reopen the skin and the new images stuck. Here they are in the output.

image.png

Obviously the image needs a bit of editing but that's a separate issue.

Please try in a brand new project and see if that works. Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. all the graphics were in the assets/images directory: it is not the location.
2. even without testing, I believe you can insert the graphics in a new project. It is not because of the graphics.
3. the problem is an update problem from RH 2019-> RH2020.
Do you mean that I don't migrate projects but quickly recreate everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not say anything was wrong with the way you access the graphics or the graphics themselves. I simply reported what worked for me so that you could try that way to see if it made a difference. I doubt it will but as it worked for me I thought it worth you giving it a try.

What I meant was simply create a new project not related to your existing project. It will have one topic that is fine for this purpose. Create an Orange skin in that and try to add your images. Do they stick there and does that generate an output. If the skin works there, we know for sure it's your project.

We can worry about what to do next after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, I went that way (and a few steps further - the time pressure is unfortunately with it)
- New 2020 project, new output, new skin: Yes, my images can be replaced and saved. Skin is okay. Output is okay.

- Step by step first skin adjusted.
- Then layout adjusted
- Then HTML data imported, and css and images etc.

I was expecting to find a point where Robohelp would not output the skin correctly. There was not that point.
It seems that skins are actually better made/changed with empty projects. But maybe that only applies to exchanging graphics??? I'm glad to see the problem solved now. But I'm not sure how to work for the 6 other similar projects in other languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that skins are actually better made/changed with empty projects. 

That's the wrong conclusion or there would be loads of threads about issues such as this. Yours is the first with this particular issue.

After getting the skin working in the new project, I don't think you needed to do all the other work. You can test that as it may make life easier if you have this problem with another of your projects.

What you can try is exporting the skin from the new project and then importing it into the original project. I think that will work. You could even try a different image as a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After getting the skin working in the new project, I don't think you needed to do all the other work. You can test that as it may make life easier if you have this problem with another of your projects."

I'm going to try this!
I'm already puzzling over how best to handle the other projects now.
I know how to export/import skins. Unfortunately it does not work in RH 2020. I wrote the bug report myself.
That said, if you have any other tips on how to transfer skins and output formats from project A to project B in RH 2020, feel free to give me tips. I am fit in RH Classic, but RH2019 and RH2020 procedures are often unclear to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that had been fixed in an update. Have you checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the bug is still open and the problem is still present in the current RH 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I confused here? You are saying there is a bug but I got the image to stick and so did you in another project so what exactly is the bug? 

It seems to be one project that has this issue, correct? In that project you tried a new skin and that had the same problem. Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not tried the other projects yet. I just meant that importing the skin doesn't work. You had suggested that as a help.
I'll get back to you if the error shows up in other projects as well. Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just exported a skin from one project and imported to another. It worked fine.

Try creating two new projects with just the default stuff in it and try between them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it with brand new projects and skins, but it doesn't work.
I can't import a skin I exported to 2020 into another 2020 project. (known, described in the bug). I never know whether to cry or laugh at this error message.

ABel_0-1658754548148.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes no sense. I am on Update 8 and i can create a new skin and export that to another project. Only skins created in earlier versions should hit that problem.

I think you need to take this up with Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was fixed with the help of Adobe Support (tcssup@adobe.com). RoboHelp preferences were deleted and then I could change logos and  import the skins. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. I suspect what they did was delete the contents of the .rh folder. I have seen that fix issues but it didn't seem to be the answer here. Glad it worked and thanks for posting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp