Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative to using IFrames

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on RoboHelp 10, and trying to use the functionality that iFrames include. But I am facing a bit of a problem here. Here's what I have:

Topic A - the master topic.

Topic B - containing part B

Topic C - containing part C, and

Topic A = part B + part C.

The three topics are referenced at different places. I have tried using iFrames in Topic A for the B and C part, but the place I'm stuck at is that iFrames pull the entire content from Topic B and C. What I am trying is just to call the topic body (excluding the topic intro and conclusion), as Topic A has some other common information.

Is is possible to just call selective content from a topic?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Hi there

After reading the thread I would have to agree that Snippets do come to mind as one alternative.

Another alternative you might want to consider would be to insert bookmarks in the topics that you want to present in the frames. Just insert the bookmark where you want the content to begin to appear, then in your inline frame code where you reference the topic, reference the topic#BookMarkName.

Additionally, if you used snippets, you would need to ensure each snippet contained only the inform

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Snippets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

After reading the thread I would have to agree that Snippets do come to mind as one alternative.

Another alternative you might want to consider would be to insert bookmarks in the topics that you want to present in the frames. Just insert the bookmark where you want the content to begin to appear, then in your inline frame code where you reference the topic, reference the topic#BookMarkName.

Additionally, if you used snippets, you would need to ensure each snippet contained only the information you want to see included. Then insert the snippet not only in the topic where you are amalgamating the information, but also the topics you wanted to pull in via the inline frame.

Hopefully something here was helpful... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Rick!

It works, and the additional piece on inserting the snippets was exactly what I needed !!

Cheers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp