Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application error doesnt allow to establish Sharepoint Connection

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I first tried to upgrade the 2019 project to 2020. The files were successfully upgraded.

I then tried to Collaborate a connection with Sharepoint. The Sharepoint had the latest 2020 project files. It showed me the following error.

application-error.jpg

It allowed me to Login and save the collaboration. When I tried to select the folder from the Sharepoint, it selects and clears the check box automatically. SOmehow I selected the folder location, created the repo on my laptop, and initiated the process. The folders and files were getting downloaded on my laptop but I lost the collaboration with Sharepoint and the error kept coming. Once the files were downloaded, it asked me upgrade the project again. Even though the files were latest, it asked me to upgrade. I upgraded but neither I could establish the Sharepoint connection nor I could edit the files. The error keeps reappearing. Even if I try to Restart RoboHelp, it keeps reappering.

Has anyone faced this issues? Any solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solutions, just commiseration...

I've had all manner of bad behavior trying to use the version control/collaboration in RH2020 with SharePoint Online. I've contacted Adobe support, sent them copies of my project, and for weeks I've heard nothing at all from them. I'd hoped something with this had been addressed in Update 1, but no luck. I've sent a follow-up inquiry and support can't even be bothered to tell me whether they've reproduced the issue, they're working on it, or that just simply I'm out of luck. It's been incredibly frustrating and unimpressive. 

This part actually did seem to work (albeit with glitches) in the "new" RH2019, so it's all that more frustrating that one of the things that did work in that generation has been broken. 

Good luck to you. Please post back if you get anywhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you log an issue in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/)? That would let you keep up with any progress of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I haven't because it never occurred to me initially that an issue raised with support would simply go dormant and ignored. It's now obvious that I can't go to them (or at least not only to them) with obvious bugs. It seems like a duplication of effort and a definite customer service breakdown on Adobe's end, but I guess I will have to go through and log all of my unresolved support cases as Tracker issues. Thanks for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AthensSlim - I'm not sure exactly how connected the Support crew and the Tech Comm dev team are, so unless Support issued you with some sort of case number that you could see in the Tracker, I would doubt that the dev crew would see it on their radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sheetal - did you apply the update patch that came out for RH2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did. While establishing the collaboration, the Upgrade Project window appears even for the latest 2020 projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my solution, I had to have the RoboHelp 2020 update installed. Adobe will do that for you.

1. Before publishing, clear cache on your browser and reload. Do this every time you publish.
  2. Create a folder in SharePoint Online. You must have admin permissions for this folder.
  3. Set up RoboHelp to publish to this folder.
  4. Publish.

You can DM me if you need clarification. It's a bit glitchy and sometimes you have to publish multiple times, but it works. By the way, I got this fix from Microsoft Tech support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thanks for your response. I tried this method as well. It seems some issue with RoboHelp 2020. I created the new project, uploaded it on Sharepoint and while creating the collaboration, selected the folder to download the files. The files get downloaded but it asks me to upgrade the project, which is strange as it was already created in 2020 latest version only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sheetal Can you confirm this is what you did?

1. Create a Sharepoint Online connection profile

2. Add a project to Sharepoint Online

3. Download a project from Sharepoint Online.

See here for the detailed steps for each task: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/robohelp/user-guide.html/in/robohelp/using/sharepoint.ug.html

I just want to clarify because I think your post describes steps 1 and 3, but not step 2, so I'm wondering how the files were added to Sharepoint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber,

Thanks for your response.

This is the process am following:

1. Creating a new project in Robo 2020.

2. Uploading the folder in Sharepoint.

3. Creating a new collaboration with Sharepoint.

4. Selecting the newly uploaded project. (While selecting it selects and clear the check boxes automatically but I can still choose that project.)

5. Creating a repository in local machine. The files are getting download.

6. A popup appears to upgrade the project. Meanwhile, the connection is closed automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sheetal If by "latest version" you simply mean 2020 rather than 2019, then meantime you must have added Update 1 and that will lead to an upgrade message. There are changes in Update 1 that mean you should not later try to open the project on a 2020 machine without the update applied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I thought the same so I tried the above steps even after applying Update 1, but received the same Upgrade error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having suspicions about second warnings. I'll report it but for now you will just have to let it run.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not worth, I lose my connection and it keeps asking me to upgrade after selecting the folder while establishing the collaboration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking your Sharepoint might have had old versions of the project in it, which you were trying to open (via xpj), but that doesn't seem to be the case as you've created a new project and I assume uploaded to a new empty Sharepoint folder.

Hopefully Peter's enquiries turn up something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amber It's only the upgrade warning that I'm referring to. I don't do Sharepoint or source control. The source control stuff on my site, such as it it, was with assistance from others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the RHPJ file in a text editor, the first two lines are as below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project version="2020.1.0">

It's the second line that triggers the upgrade warning. If RoboHelp sees 2020.0.0 and you open the project in Update 1, you will get the warning. The only thing I can think of here is that the change is not getting back to the source control server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

The second line isnt there in the source file.

Not sure what exactly is the issue. As per the Sharepoint Collaboration article on Adobe help, I also whitelisted the mentioned URLs. Still dont know what is triggering this update project error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheetal,

Are you facing this issue with any new/already upgraded project? Can you please share a sample rhpj project file with us on which upgrade warning is coming at your end?

Kindly send the rhpj file to sumahesh@adobe.com and we will look into it.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Surbhi,

This issue is appearing on each type of project. Sure, I'll email you the project. Hope you may find some solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumahesh can help you much better than I can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp