Automatically Image-Resize On Printed Documentation Output

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm again

I have one new problem.

If I generate a printed documentation as *.docx file, RoboHelp is resizing my images.

I insert screenshots in the topics und gave them new width and height values.

If I generate the output as *.docx, RoboHelp take my image, keep the width, but resets the height to the original one. So I have horrible stretched pictures

How can I solve this problem?

Does somebody maybe know it?

Cheerio,

Denis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen if you create a DOC file?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast answer.

-----

If I export an *.doc file it works fine.

Why not with *.docx?

-----

RoboHelp v9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "export" I take it you mean create a printed document.

See if it happens in a new project and if it does, then it looks like a bug.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will report this bug. Thanks

"By "export" I take it you mean create a printed document." <-- Yes of course I mean to create a printed document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Just that sometimes when someone uses a term that is not the normal term but you assume you know what they mean, you then find out they didn't mean what you thought.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into an issue similar to this in Robohelp 11.  The images looked fine in the help project in Robohelp, CHM help file, and MS Paint.  However, the images were stretched too tall when viewing them in the .DOCX printed documentation in MS Word 2013 or Windows Photo Viewer.  The width looked okay.  After some troubleshooting we discovered that these images were probably generated by taking a print screen (e.g. ALT+PRINT SCREEN) then pasting the image from the clipboard directly into Robohelp.  I pasted from the clipboard into MS Paint as well and saved the picture, then confirmed it displayed fine in Windows Photo Viewer.  I noticed the resolution b/w the two was different:  Robohelp-pasted 49 dpi horizontal/27 dpi vertical vs. MS Paint 96/96.  Maybe that's it?  Anyway, I'm going to avoid pasting directly into Robohelp from the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually if the image is wider than 7 to 7.5 inches in the Design Editor, it is worth reducing the image size to within those parameters.

If you have SnagIt or some similar tool, you will get better results than right clicking the image and resizing in Rh. Else open the Toolbox pod and choose the Resize Tool, that works in a different way to right clicking and gives a better result.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp