• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the Format of Snippets?

Explorer ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2020.7.46 on a Win10 machine.

Is it possible to change the formatting of snippets? I reuse a lot of content and snippets could be VERY helpful if I could change their format. For example, it'd be great to use a snippet in regular body text:

A standard scenario is a collection of questions, message templates, and sites/site roles tied to a customizable button that, when selected, initiates a series of simultaneous notifications to separate audiences.

But then also use it in a bulleted list:

• A panic button scenario is a ...
  • A standard scenario is a collection of questions, message templates, and sites/site roles tied to a customizable button that, when selected, initiates a series of simultaneous notifications to separate audiences.
  • A Zoom integration scenario is a ...

Or even just an indented paragraph vs. a standard paragraph.

Is that possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

It's possible to use a snippet containing  one or multiple paragraphs in a list as well as in a standalone paragraph. You just drag it into a blank list item.

It could get a bit whacky if you have complex formatting such as other lists in the snippet, but I've never tried that. And if you have top/bottom margins or padding on the p  tag you might get some odd spacing issues - you might need to tweak your stylesheet to account for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding with snippets is that you have to apply the style you want them to use inside the snippet (& not where you use it). So in your case there, you would have to set it up twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I was afraid of that. It'd be so helpful to be able to save unformatted text as a snippet and format it inline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that link - it might be possible now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible to use a snippet containing  one or multiple paragraphs in a list as well as in a standalone paragraph. You just drag it into a blank list item.

It could get a bit whacky if you have complex formatting such as other lists in the snippet, but I've never tried that. And if you have top/bottom margins or padding on the p  tag you might get some odd spacing issues - you might need to tweak your stylesheet to account for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp