• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the project name that is used on the RoboHelp server for Responsive HTML5

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe 2015 to publish Responsive HTML5 to RoboHelp Server 10.

When I publish the project, it seems to name the file the name of the project. So, if my project is named Cool_Blue, it published it under Cool_Blue. Is there anyway to change that name? I know that in WebHelp Pro you can define the name differently. I've looked everywhere and can't find how to do it so any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nita

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Nita, I'm thinking what you are trying to do is to change the name of the project to a shorter filename so that overall, you will have shorter paths. If that is the case, you simply need to Rename the project, Then, delete any remnants of the longer-named project on the RoboHelp Server and you're home free.

So, if you want to change the name of the Project (as opposed to the name appearing in the "Title Bar" of the web browser, you need to change the name of the Project by going to > File > Rena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the "Output Folder and Start Page" setting in the SSL recipe? Maybe you can give us a screenshot to see what you're referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff, for your response. I've inserted the screen shot that shows where I am seeing the name on the RoboHelp Server.

RH_Server.png

I've gone through each setting for the Responsive HTML5 SSL and have been unable to find how to change this. Essentially, as you can see from our project name, it is quite long and it adds characters to the file name, via path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're getting apples & oranges mixed up - what is the name you are producing in the \!SSL!\ folder? Let's stick to what RH is producing first & then see if RH Server is doing something different to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name in the SSL folder is Responsive HTML5. When I publish a WebHelp_Pro project, the folder name in the SSL folder is WebHelp_Pro

RH_SSL.png

In the SSL definition for WebHelp Pro, I am able to define the Project Name which changes the directory on the RoboHelp server to that name. I cannot find such a setting on the SSL definition for Responsive HTML5.

The following screen shows the WebHelp_Pro setting I am referencing. So, in the WebHelp_Pro project, even though the folder name in the SSL directory is WebHelp_Pro, when it gets published to RoboHelp server, it is named CIE as shown in the first screen shot in this thread.

RH_WebHelp_Pro.png

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the folder names are always the output type - so that doesn't make any difference. I don't know of the corresponding field to that WebHelp Pro field called "Project Name" in either of the regular WebHelp or HTML5 outputs - maybe it's the "Content" or the "Title Bar" fields. Are you running the latest version of RH Server? That may have some new hooks to handle HTML5 projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are on the most recent version of RoboHelp Server 10. I've tried the Title Bar field - it controls the title that is displayed at the top of the compiled help when viewing the Responsive HTML5 help. Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did renaming your SSL make any difference? It wasn't clear from your shot of the WebHelp Pro screen that you had changed the path name to CIE in that "Output Folder & Start Page" field or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As Jeff points out, the folder name maps to the SSL recipe name. So have you tried simply renaming your SSL?

From the ribbon, click Project then Pods and finally Outputs(SSL)

tmp1.png

Then right-click the output you are interested in changing and choose Rename.

tmp2.png

Does that get you what you need?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change the name of the SSL and it did not change it. Thanks for the idea.

The WebHelp Pro does allow me to change the path name by modifying the Project Name field in the SSL definition, which I had done in the screen shot but Responsive HTML5 does not have that field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea where that "Project Name" gets put in the WebHelp Pro output - I just did a test with some nonsense word in there & a search wasn't finding it at all in the \!SSL!\ output. I would recommend you contact Adobe TCS support and see where (or if) that name comes from and if it can be edited over in RH Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, perhaps we need to take a step or two back here with some understanding.

You initially said:

When I publish the project, it seems to name the file the name of the project. So, if my project is named Cool_Blue, it published it under Cool_Blue.

So, for that particular question, I find myself wondering what is meant by "the file". Did you really mean a folder here? Or are you referring to the start page or something?

You refer to a field in WebHelp Pro settings that configure the "Project Name" where it might appear to correlate to the Title Bar of a typical WebHelp output.

My questions are as follows:

Where exactly are you seeing (or not seeing) what you want changed? Is it something the end user would see? If so, what? Or is it something on the back end that only you see? Again, what?

And lastly, is it actually causing you a problem? If so, what is the actual problem being caused?

Sorry, but the thread is long and near as I can see, I'm not certain I've seen answers to these issues. If they exist, I missed them and I apologize.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the name of the project on the RoboHelp Server as the name.

My project name in this example is neotool_product_help. In the WebHelp Pro SSL definition, I am able to specify a different name, in this example CIE. These two are generated and published from the same project, named neotool_product_help.

RH_Server.png

This is not seen by the end user so that is not an issue. The issue we have had in the past is that the name is part of the path name, adding that many characters to the file path name. In the past, we shortened this to CIE when publishing to WebHelp pro to eliminate some path length issues we were having. We are not currently having issues, but since we have just started using Responsive HTML5 we are concerned we will run into path issues earlier with the additional length of the name.

I was hoping someone had found the way to change it for Responsive HTML5 that I had missed.

Thanks for attempting to understand the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reached out to some contacts to take a look at this thread.

Hopefully you will get some help soon.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nita, I'm thinking what you are trying to do is to change the name of the project to a shorter filename so that overall, you will have shorter paths. If that is the case, you simply need to Rename the project, Then, delete any remnants of the longer-named project on the RoboHelp Server and you're home free.

So, if you want to change the name of the Project (as opposed to the name appearing in the "Title Bar" of the web browser, you need to change the name of the Project by going to > File > Rename Project

Then you will see this Alert:

Project File Renaming and RoboHelp Server Alert.png

That Alert message s a reminder that to publish a renamed project to the RoboHelp Server, you must Delete the older one and republish the newly named project.

So looking at your previously posted screenshot, the CIE would be using the Responsive Layout but it would show up as

Name: CIE     Type: Responsive HMTL5  Date Published: etc. You would not need the "WebHelp" version if I understand what you are trying to do.

RH_ServerProjectNames.png

Please Ignore all the following stuff if the question is already answered

I'm adding the following material because there has been some confusion due to the new workflow of RoboHelp 2015 as well as the new RoboHelp Server 10.

As for the "naming" confusion let me try to unpack this. There have been some changes made in the publishing scheme of things since the release of RoboHelp (2015) and, now, RoboHelp Server 10. For example:

1. What we formerly referred to as "Single Source Layouts" (SSLs), we now refer to "Outputs (SSL)"
  2. It used to be that if you were publishing to a RoboHelp Server, it was mandatory to use an Output called WebHelp Pro.
  3. WebHelp Pro is still alive and well and can be used to publish to RoboHelp Server 10.
    EXCEPT when you want to publish Responsive HTML5 content to the new RoboHelp Server 10.
  4. In that case, if you are publishing the more modern Responsive HTML5 layout option, it is appropriate to use a Responsive HTML5 Output (SSL) and select a compatible HTML5 Screen Layout from the Output Setup Pod.

Here is an example of the Responsive HTML5 Settings Dialog:

Respon-Title-Bar.png

Examining filenames further, here are some filenames and how they are used:

ProjectName-XML-ControlFiles.png

The .ppf is the XML control file containing information specific to info needed by the RoboHelp Server 10.

The xpj is the Project Name. That is what appears at the top of RoboHelp's editor:

ProjectName.png

Nita, let us know precisely what you are trying to accomplish and we'll take another crack at it.

Thanks

John

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, John. That is perfect! I don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Maybe because renaming the project used to be a major ordeal or perhaps because I tend to think of the hardest way to look at a problem. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp