• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Commit and push fails from RoboHelp - but succeeds from command line

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have established the necessary connections between RoboHelp and Bitbucket. I can commit and push files changed in RoboHelp - but only from the command line. When I try to commit and push from RoboHelp the program tells me that it has succeeded, but actually nothing has changed.

What do I need to do in order to be able to commit and push from inside RoboHelp?

It works as described below. "RH" refers to what I do in RoboHelp. "CMD" refers to what I do on the command line". "Bitbucket" refers to what is visible in Bitbucket.

1. RH: change something in a file and SAVE
  2. CMD: git status shows red files and text 'no changes added to commit'
  3. RH: COMMIT
  4. CMD: git status shows green files 
  5. RH: PUSH
  6. CMD: git status shows green files 
  7. Bitbucket: nothing shown
  8. CMD: git commit 
  9. CMD: git status shows text 'nothing to commit, working tree clean
  10. CMD: git push doeas as expected
  11. Bitbucket: shows the commit from command line, not the commit from RoboHelp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is 2020.7.47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that this one is a case for pinging the RH folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the exact same issue today. Wondering if you were able to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. Still working on it. I intend to write in here if and when I find a solution. If I forget, feel free to ask again to remind me 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution. I will return if I find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Niels Larsen-Ledet - did you contact the RH folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. Twice - and they are now checking for themselves. The first attempt did not give any progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a resolution ? I'm having the same issue with RH2019

I  find if I manually select individual files to commit from RH it works. If I try to select all and commit it looks like it works but nothing was actually done.

Same as you commandline works flawlessly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the source of my issues. The git repo had a .rh folder in it as we had an existing project and manually migrated it to GIT.

Tested both RH2019 and RH2020 clients both cause this error if the .rh file already exists  in the repository. No commits/pushes etc. 

Once we manually deleted the .rh folder from the GIT repo all issues disappeared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortuately we never found a solution, and the one that worked for you would not have helped us, either. We deleted that folder several times. 

We are now using Sharepoint instead af git.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp