• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-sensitive WebHelp generated through RoboHelp 11 using URL works locally but not online

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 11 to generate WebHelp that's called through a URL, for example: http://domain.com/folder/subfolder/index.htm#bookname/helpTopic/helpTopic.htm (where "bookname" is the folder containing the subfolders for each individual help topic, each with the same name as the individual help topic, as imported from FrameMaker).

The help content is posted publicly to the WWW.

When I test the link locally (from my C: drive), it works.

When I call the help topic from the application, it pulls up the frame for the help set, with a 404 error displayed for the help topic identified through #bookname/helpTopic/helpTopic.htm.

However, I can click the link to the help topic from the TOC in the help set frame, and it pulls up the help topic correctly. 

The main help set link (http://domain.com/folder/subfolder/index.htm) works fine.

The help content for a prior release, generated the same way, works. It's just the new release that is generating the 404 error for the context-sensitive link using the #bookname/helpTopic/helpTopic.htm suffix. So I must have done something different for this publish, but I can't see what it is.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it making any difference if you use different browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Getting the same results in Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you've tried clearing out all the files on the webserver & recopying them all back in with the new build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tried that without success.

Just now am trying overwriting a folder that contains the previous version, which works, with the new content that doesn't work, in case there is some unknown file that was included in the old, working content but missing from the new content. So we'll see if that works. I will definitely post if it succeeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My dumb workaround of pasting the new content into a folder that already contains the old content from a previous publish actually worked. So I have a workaround, and just need to figure out what files were missing from my most recent publish. Thanks Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp