• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Buttons launch URL in new window

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can one get the Custom Buttons in a final chm help file to launch the URL in a new window. When a supplimentary web page is launched inside the chm using a custom button on the navigation pane, it doesn't fit properly. Is there any way to launch the URL in a new window?

Can I include some kind of HTML coding in the URL itself? If so, what syntax?

The only options Robohelp gives you is entering the label and URL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deet,

It sounds like you're posting a RoboHelp HTML Help question in the RoboHelp for Word Forum by mistake.

However, the answer is "No." The Custom Buttons can't open in a new window like the links in topics do.

If you want a button to open in a new window, you have to use a third-party product to make your own custom button. For more information, see Pete Lees' response to a similar question in this RoboHelp for HTMLHelp Forum thread:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=1083864

Regards,

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for reply. No, I didn't post here by mistake. I am using Robohelp for Word. I simply compile my final files as chms.

I can't include an extra dll, as the chms must be standalone, as they are used elsewhere besides just in the application. So I guess there's no direct answer.

I suppose maybe it would be possible for me to get the webdesigner to script the page I link to, so it will in turn pop the final contents into a new window. I guess I'll have to check on that instead.

Thanks anyway! I do appreciate the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Deet and Cindy

Well, if you were using RoboHelp HTML, I'd have to say that it actually *IS* possible to accomplish. Basically, you would defijne a seondary window, then create a topic that would be linked to the button. This topic would contain a RelatedTopics control that was specially modified to open the desired URL into the secondary window.

As you are using RoboHelp for Word, I'm at a loss as to tell you how to accomplish this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp