• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diferent format of MapID from RH 2017 and RH 2022

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have programmed help for each topic in our applications based on the MapID information.

We found that the format of the MapId files in both versions are different and our in-product help
stopped working. I am attaching the MapID
formats in RH 2017 and RH 2022. Is there a way f
or RH 2022 to generate a MapId file with the same format as RH2017?

I await comments,

Regard, thank you

Sara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

This is not a good news. Our programmers can´t change their calls to rhe CSH. I think we will must to generete the file with the 2017 format manually.

Bye, Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are they doing it now? It's a pretty simple change - even I (a non-programmer) was able to do it. Nothing has changed with the underlying RH CSH file; just the way you call it has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see how you think creating it in the old format is going to work. If the call needs the new format, the old format will not work.

BTW. Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic is the following:
The program is made with the call in the old format (RH 2017).
What I am going to do is the MapId with the RH 2022 format and
then manually modify it to the old format. It is a heavy and
manual job, but I have no other way to solve it.
Unfortunately, the programmers are not going to modify the call.

Bye, Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't see how changing anything in the mapid file is going to chnage anything - I'm pretty sure the CSH file still looks the same. What you're showing are reports, not the actual text file itself - which should be in the format of:
#define CSHMarker MapID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MapId.JPG

I am going to generate MapId in RH2022 and then, manually I am going to generate a file with the RH 2017 format, like I show in the picture. The programers can readthis file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, that's just a report you're generating - what's the actual text file look like? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I Know it. But the programers used the report,  the txt file. I atach the file that they use.

They  don´t want to work...

It is a pity.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's amazing silly of them to go to all the effort of using a formatted report instead of just the raw delimited text file that needs no manipulation outside of RH for it to work. Did nobody show them how to make CSH calls work initially?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scripting is supported in RH2022 using javascript and an RH scripting language. You can find the scripting reference in the help in the Appendix section. There are also a few sample scripts. They should be in %appdata%/Adobe/RoboHelp/2022/scripting

Perhaps your programmers can write a script to generate a report in the format needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp