• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable magnetic border on RH 2015

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2015 build 12.0.0.306 on Windows 10.

The main window of the RH HTML main window seems to have a "magnetic" border, attracting the mouse cursor when the mouse is close to it.  This creates problems for me when I'm authoring on a laptop with limited screen space.  With several apps running along with RH, I'm often moving from one app to another as I capture screens, edit images, and edit in RH.  With the magnetic border of the RH main window, it becomes difficult to put my mouse where I want it - outside of RH but near it's border.

Is there any way to turn this magnetic border off?

If not, I'd advocate strongly for it to be defeated in the next version.  It hinders my workflow more often then it helps.

Thanks for comments,

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I suspect that most folks use RoboHelp in full screen mode and seldom have any need to click or mouse around the edges of the application. Hence the dearth of reports on it.

Heaven knows I'd never have discovered it if it weren't for trying to sort it in this thread.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds reasonable.  Maybe they will make a button to replace the ribbon with the old icons for those neanderthals like me.  I have modified the top bar but if i could add a few more buttons, I would almost not need the ribbon. 

Sorry for my negative attitude but, not really, people should be aware of some of the changes that can't be undone and upgrading projects prevents you from going back to previous RH versions.  I'll be laid off in 7 months so maybe I will be gone and out of your hair.

Cheers,

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too disliked ribbons when they were introduced. One way to minimize frustration is to just manipulate the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) a lot as well as collapsing the ribbon so it disappears. If you double-click one of the tabs it should collapse. I've also relocated my QAT to below the ribbon. And an easy way to add items to the QAT is just to find the element and right-click it to see an option to add it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Getting laid off is not the sort of bug fix we like. Sorry to hear that, you've been around the forums a long time. Hope things work out OK for you.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp