• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop-down menu sorting objects on the page

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I realize this may be purely HTML question but I want to implement it in Robohelp so I believe this is the right place to ask the question.

What I have is a simple page with several tiles/images (see the image).

I added also a drop down menu. What I want to happen is that when I select the first option only the red objects are visible on the page. When I select the blue one - only the blue should be visible. The default value will be something like "select" and all the tiles/images will be visible. Here is also the code

blue.png

123.png

Thanks in advance

B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not, as you realise, something built into RoboHelp so you would need to work out what is needed and then check it survives in RoboHelp. Sometimes it can remove HTML that it does not recognise so it's trial and error.

Depending on what output type you are generating, DUCC (Dynamic User Centric Content) for webhelp and DCF (Dynamic Content Filtering) for HTML5 responsive layouts, might achieve your objective.

Both are described in the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the features Peter mentioned won't work in your situation, then I think you'll need to look at javascript. If you have access to a friendly web developer, I'd ask them for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hint, Peter. This may work for me. I have used Dynamic filtering and Conditional tagging.

I was thinking if there will be a way to use the conditional tags in a drop-down menu?

See in the image the Drop-down menu options. Is there are way to link them to the conditional tags?

Thank you once again

Bobby

dropdown.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp