• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop-down Text not Displaying in HTML Help output using RoboHelp 2019

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to RoboHelp 2019 due to receiving a new laptop. I had issues with slowness, but I reinstalled RoboHelp and that went away. Now my drop-down text I created in previous version are not opening. Our software product that my Help file runs in only supports .chm. On my old laptop I was using RoboHelp 2019 version 14.0.4.026 and drop-down text boxes acted perfectly in .chm output. My new laptop is running RoboHelp 2019 version 2019.0.9 and when I output in Microsoft HTML Help and view the .chm my drop-down text either doesn't open, or if I double click on one, another one opens.

Before I got RoboHelp 2019 2019.0.9 on my old laptop I used to have to compile in WebHelp and then convert WebHelp to HTML .chm output. Do you think I need to do that in the 2019.0.9 version? I'm not seeing where I can do that conversion in the version I'm using. I've STRONGLY encouraged our development team to upgrade our software to use Responsive HTML, but so far it gets pushed back.

I just compiled and selected WebHelp as my output and everything looks great - only problem I need it to be .chm.

I googled the issue I'm having, but came up short, so thought I try the Forum. Thanks!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested a dropdown created in 2019 Update 9 (new UI) in a CHM and it's working correctly.

I can't see that you answered a question in a previous thread as to whether you are using 2019 Classic or the new UI version. The converter is still in Classic but not the new UI. I also asked if there was any source control involved.

At the moment I am wondering if the project copied across OK or came out of source control correctly.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using 2019 Classic. No source control involved. Before getting my newlap top I created a backup of my project. Once I got my new new laptop and we re-installed RoboHelp, I upgraded RobhoHelp Classic Project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the upgrade went wrong then. Try upgrading it again. If that fails can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will upgrade it here and see if I get the same issue.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try sharing. It's a very big file. I tried getting support on Adobe and that's not useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your email to me let me know what happened when you went to support and let me have the case number. Don't post that here.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried upgrading my previous project from my 11/18/19 backup file. Still same result. I think I'm going to try working out of RoboHelp 2019 Classic and see if I have better results. I still haven't contacted Adobe Support because I'm struggling to find the appropriate place, nor can I find anyone to 'chat' with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had NO assistance from Adobe. I believe the issue lies in their conversion when upgrading a project. I created a brand new project in RoboHelp 2019 Classic, added some drop-down text and created a .CHM output. Drop-downs look fine. I then took the project created in Classic and upgraded it to RoboHelp 2019 and created a .CHM output. My drop-downs that displayed correctly in RoboHelp 2019 Classic, do not display correcting in RoboHelp 2019 v2019.0.9. I've decided to just work out of RoboHelp 2019 Classic, which is much slower but at least results are the same. If I couuld get our company to upgrade our software to support WebHelp or Responsive HTML, then I wouldn't have a problem. Appreciate you trying to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Peter's proved that creating a new project in the new UI works & you've proved that a new Classic UI project works, but that converting it breaks it - sounds like you need to file a bug report - https://tracker.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filing a bug report now. So thankful for this community of support!!

Bug Id: RH-6188

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to remind you, I'm happy to see if it upgrades any better on my machine.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp