Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eHlpDhtm.js edition

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe RoboHelp 2019 14.0.11.29 and trying to edit ehlpdhtm.js file to add functionality because it is referenced in all htm files.

The problem is that after a post build, changes made to the ehlpdhtm.js file are not preserved.

There would be a way to keep the changes made to the files in order to add functionality later?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two approaches to this - edit the file(s) post-generated and save off a copy to be copied back into the output after the next round of output creation; or, find the "factory" copy of the files, make a backup of the original file and then edit them in their source location. Make sure you keep a copy of your edited files to preserve them in case a future update wipes the factory location. Personally, I use the first approach - so much simplier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to find a factory copy of this file and edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in my copy of RH11, it's sitting in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally don't recommend adding anything to that file as I'm pretty sure it will be overwritten when you install an update. I don't even know if that file exists in the New UI version of RH.

If you are writing completely new scripts, I would recommend including them in a different way as one or more standalone script files.

If you are already using a master page in your project, you can add a reference to your custom script files in a master page. Click the Edit Header button, which will put the proprietary header section in focus (or add it if required). Any scripts added will then be applied to every htm file in the project.

If you're not using a master page, I recommend adding one. Add your link to the script in the proprietary header section. Then in your output SSL, tick Apply to all Topics, then select your master page. (Note: if you already have a stylesheet selected here, apply the stylesheet to your master page instead, so it will still apply to all your topics.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp