• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using the RH 2022.2.22 and facing font issues. We are using Roboto font for topics and the Roboto fonts also installed on my machine. When I generate output and the Roboto font is being displayed properly. But, when I share the output on other machine, the font is not appearing in the topics and other font's are being displayed, such as Times New Roman.

Could you please help fixing the issue? We want to embed in the the RH source files and output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

@Ana2021 I have moved your post to a new thread as 2022 is a different beast. Also I have removed the reference to RoboColum_n as he has not followed these forums for several years now.

The answer to your problem is in this page on my site. Using Font Awesome, Google Fonts, @font-face and SVGs in RoboHelp (grainge.org)

There is also a project you can download and upgrade to 2022 to see and test the workings.

My site www.grainge.org inc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ana2021 I have moved your post to a new thread as 2022 is a different beast. Also I have removed the reference to RoboColum_n as he has not followed these forums for several years now.

The answer to your problem is in this page on my site. Using Font Awesome, Google Fonts, @font-face and SVGs in RoboHelp (grainge.org)

There is also a project you can download and upgrade to 2022 to see and test the workings.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply @Peter Grainge . It seems the the solution provided for Google fonts is topic specific. We need it to implement it for all html topics without adding the code in all topics manually. 

Could you please help us to resolve this issue?

We are looking for a solution as per below:

The css code, font file or other activities should be done one time only. And when the output is generated with the other person should see the font applied on the text without installing the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we use the @Font-face method for Google fonts. For example, we have added the code in css and also placed the font file in the css root folder:

@Font-face {
font-family: "Roboto Slab";
src: url("RobotoSlab-Regular.ttf");

Will this method work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a new topic to the project you can download and apply the CSS. That's all you need to do. It is only topic specific to the extent of using the correct CSS.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Peter Grainge. We have more than 100 topics, hence the topic specific solution is not a good idea. Don't you have project spedific solution for this?

Ana2021_0-1687775059452.png

What is your take on the above method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded the demo project and tried it? I will look later but I'm pretty sure the method is NOT topic specific. You set up the CSS and apply that CSS to all topics. That can be done in bulk or you edit the existing CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at the Font page on my site and don't understand why you are saying it is topic specific. Follow the instructions and add the code to your CSS. That font will then be available in any topic both to you and someone on another machine.

Why do you think it is topic specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming it @Peter Grainge, I will try and update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge The provided solution is working now! Thank you for the quick help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark the correct answer as such. It helps the next person find the answer more quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp