• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty Glossary in CHM; Glossary tab is there, with white fields, just empty of terms/definitions

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through many similar problems, and tried the solutions, but this seems different.

First: HHActiveX.dll is registered (both 32 and 64). Plus, I can open other (multiple) CHMs and see the Glossary tab full of terms and definitions.

I have a project (I'll call Project X) I worked on a couple months ago. Then, it published (multiple times) with a Glossary. No problems. I just today had to update some text (just text) in a couple topics in this project. I made no changes to anything that should affect the Glossary in any way, or how the project publishes. But publishing the CHM today: the Glossary tab is present, but it is empty of terms and definitions. (It is not a grayed out area -- it has the two white fields where the terms and definitions usually appear, but the fields are empty of text.)

Previous versions of Project X CHM (kept in version control) open with the Glossary showing properly. Only the versions I'm producing today are missing the Glossary terms/definitions.

I have today test published multiple other projects (Projects A, B), and those CHMs have their Glossaries showing properly. Old publishings and today publishings.

That is:

Project X published previously = OK

Projects A & B published previously = OK

Projects A & B published today = OK

Project X published today = No glossary text

I have even imported the X glossary into A & B and they publish fine (showing the glossary terms). I have even directly copied the contents of X glossary into A glossary file, and A publishes with the glossary terms properly. I have tried publishing X with A/B glossaries, but the glossary still shows empty. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the glossary file, itself. The trouble seems to be with how X is publishing (today, and specifically CHM).

I have compared all my output settings between X and A/B. I can't find anything different between them that would make A/B work, but X not work. I have published X as a WebHelp Pro, and the glossary terms show as they should. It is only the CHM that fails to show the glossary terms.

Please help.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what the problem is but as this is a Classic version project, have you tried the old trick of deleting the CPD file and reopening it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I just deleted the CPD and reopened. Publishing still gives me an empty glossary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wondering about pulling a working version from source control and repeating the changes or just copying the changed topics from new to old and then generating again.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp