• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in new Snippet Categorization with 2022.3

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have just updated from 2022.2 to 2022.3.93. I have no snippets and no snippet categories in my project. The version control system git is active on my RoboHelp-Project-Folder. When I revert a complete file from my Changes while RoboHelp is running, it adds an entry with the path of the reverted file into ''settings\snippetcategories.xml", its content is like this then:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<categories>
  <category name="default">
    <snippet>../contents/Stammdaten/Einkauf/Bestellart/RK_Allgemein.htm</snippet>
  </category>
</categories>

Why, it doesn't make sense 🙂
Did not have this behaviour before the update and now it is reproducible.
The error disappears when I add some stuff to snippets..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

The snippetcategories.xml file is known to be a bit buggy (if your issue is what I think it is). The bug was logged in https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-12039 and should probably be fixed in the next release.

If you don't need everyone in your team to have the same categories, you can add the file to gitignore.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens not only on revert, also when a file is moved/deleted in filesystem while RoboHelp is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't heard anything about that mentioned before - is it having any effect or is it just odd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havn't see an effect inside RoboHelp yet, but it is is annoying that the file is listed as modified in git.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mock it up outside of GIT, does the same thing occur? If so, then I would probably bring it to the RH folks attention by logging an issue with the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/).
(Just posting about it here is no guarantee that any Adobe person will see it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The magic also happens without git or file explorer, just using RoboHelp with a new project, look at my gif I have attached. What do you think about it?
I can create a bug ticket, what is the right "Component:" for it, "Application", "Authoring"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't go for a bug report to start with, unless you want to wait a long time. Let Support do that if they agree it is a bug, hopefully they will find otherwise and help you find a solution quicker.

I suggest for this one you need to go to Adobe Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The snippetcategories.xml file is known to be a bit buggy (if your issue is what I think it is). The bug was logged in https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-12039 and should probably be fixed in the next release.

If you don't need everyone in your team to have the same categories, you can add the file to gitignore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for this info.
Gitignore is a little bit dangerous cause it is our backup to push the files to git-server, but we will arrange ourselves somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for submitting this! I'm also experiencing the same issue. This greatly impairs collaboration with any source-control tool, including Git. Anyone who is also impacted, please follow the link and go vote!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to vote on this one. Adobe have confirmed this is a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp