Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors in HTML5: stack overflow and script error

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all:

I am an experienced (but not expert) RH user and am converting a merged webhelp project to HTML5. It is written in RH11 and compiled locally. The problems occur when it is called from the product:

• Stack Overflow at line xx. THis error is displayed randomly when clicking on books or pages in the TOC. THe line number varies. The message is displayed inconsistently: it does not always occur when I click on the same book or page.
  • Script error. The URL in the message is the location of the help files on the product server. THis message also varies - two examples are attached.

script error 1.PNG

script error 2.PNG

Does anybody have any ideas about the cause of these errors? The developers and I are baffled. This is the first time we have used HTML5 for documentation so we might be overlooking a simple problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Juliette Curtis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen with other browsers? (this looks like IE to me)

Does it happen if the help is launched outside of the application?

Is your version of RH11 up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not happen in Chrome or Firefox.

It does not happen if the help is launched outside the application.

My version of RH11 is up to date -- 11.04.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so if it doesn't happen with any of the browsers outside of the app, then I would suspect that there's something in the way you're calling the help that's setting off only IE. I found that sometimes I had to tell IE that the location where the help was found was a "Trusted Location" and added it the list of sites. That seemed to calm IE down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp