• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders are not opening (and missing the icon)

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon for some of my folders for this project look like "topics" with no toggle arrow to the left.

Yet, in RH 2020, I was able to click the blank area (where the toggle arrow would be) to open the folder.

Now in RH 2022, that no longer works.  The folders can't be opened.

Anyone else have this problem? and find a solution?

(I will probably re-create each folder and move the topics into the new folders -- unless someone has an easier way.)

larryk33930191_0-1666293624624.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

I think its the periods in your folder names.  Try to create a new folder and call it Adobe.Robohelp - it will appear as a file (like your screenshot).  Go in the backend (the rename folder option is still broken in 2022 (for mac atleast) so use Finder or Explorer depending on your OS) and remove the period, it should update to a folder in RH.  Not sure if updating on the backend will mess with any cross references or links to/from the files inside.

folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this was a problem with RH 2020 when it imported the information from a Word document.  Regardless, I am manually re-creating the folders in RH and moving the content over to the new folders that now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the problem re-occurred.  The folder I had created has switched back to a topic/page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity, you did a one off import from Word? You weren't using the linked Word document functionality and syncing from the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your image shows two folders with twisties and a series of topics. Are the two folders not opening?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two folders are opening fine.

The problem is all the other "topics" are supposed to be folders. 

They appear as folders in Windows File Explorer as you see here...

larryk33930191_0-1666370074187.png

But they appear as "topics" in RH2022 and do not open.

I even tried adding a new folder in RH, and moved topics over to the newly created folder -- and I now see that the folder has changed back to a "topic" that won't open.

(Maybe it's another OneDrive issue.  I'll close out of that and re-try it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a known issue like this in 2020 but it was fixed. I am woindering if the fix didn't make it to 2022. I think you will need to take this up with Adobe Support.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its the periods in your folder names.  Try to create a new folder and call it Adobe.Robohelp - it will appear as a file (like your screenshot).  Go in the backend (the rename folder option is still broken in 2022 (for mac atleast) so use Finder or Explorer depending on your OS) and remove the period, it should update to a folder in RH.  Not sure if updating on the backend will mess with any cross references or links to/from the files inside.

folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks @davidk99046111, that seems to be working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good pickup @davidk99046111 dots should only be used as file extension separators.

I think changing them in File Explorer would be the way to go, rather than recreating the folders manually. But you may need to fix links in your help manuallly (still easier imo than recreating the folder structure 🙂 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp