Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless output - Print not working

Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using RH 2020.6.76 with a frameless output (skin: customized Orange). When I try to print a topic from my output using the "Print" icon on the topic page, the following happens:

- local machine, browser Google Chrome: Print dialog opens, almost all images disappear, css is not considered, after that, also the html view of the topic no longer shows the images (only after page reload)

- server, browser Google Chrome: no Print dialog, ALL images disappear in the topic html

- server, browser Mozilla Firefox: seems to work correctly except that the css is not considered here as well. But Print dialog opens, images are all there ...

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Is there some setting I need to make in my output configuration or in the Chrome browser settings? Chrome is the browser that is recommended by my company, so I have to get it to work there. 

Side-note: I currently cannot update to the most current version due to a bug with merged output and German language settings.

Thanks and regards

Karin 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

There is a print issue fixed in Update 7. It could be the issue you're seeing?

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The behaviour described above happens also when I use a fresh Orange skin. It also happens with the output "Studio Compass Travel" with the sample project without any changes.

Does anyone else see this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a print issue fixed in Update 7. It could be the issue you're seeing?

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rub is that @Karin Albrecht has had to revert to Update 6 because of a bug in Update 7. Choose your bug!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I know, but asssuming iit's the same issue, it answers the question of if anyone else is seeing the problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Amber, I ran a test with update 7 and there, this issue apparently is fixed. At least, most of it 🙂 For longer topics, the last 2 lines of text are cut off, but this might be something different. For now, I deactivated the print button and will wait for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp