• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gallery doesn't show my new screen layout

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new layout and it will not appear in the Manage Layout list or in the Gallery list on the Responsive HTML5 Settings dialog when I look at the properties for Responsive HTML5. A co-worker created the new layout, generated the output and then make sure it is all in on the RH Server. The new screen layout appears in my Output Setup pod under Screen layouts but again it doesn't appear in the dialog drop down or the gallery list. I need to make changes to the layout and don't know of any other way to access it to make the changes to the layout. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Classic , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks, Steven!
YES!!!
My IT embraces the network  security convention… all proprietary data is on servers, not local drives. So, I hope networking and corruption issues are fixed for all current versions (using Robo15), specifically, like Steven, I also desire that Adobe resolves any network issue that causes the MasterThemeSchema file to become corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys, RH wasn't designed to work natively on files located on a network - that's only been supported relatively recently and even then it was YMMV. You can still adhere to your IT policy by storing backups of docs on your networks or by checking in project files in source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your reply.

I just wonder that we are working intensively on the network with RH and it works perfectly. We actually work on a large online-help project (about 1000 pages) with a team of up to 5 writers creating child projects in parallel, which are merged - all done on our network.

Just  editing the screen layout does not work and ends in a corrupted MasterThemeSchema.xml.

But apart from that, changing a screen layout on a project maybe should not be the preferred process at all. Thus, we now keep a dummy project locally and change the screen layout there if needed (often customer come up with change requests during the compilation process). Then we copy it to all child projects and the master project. And we are happy with that.

Regards

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Congrats - as I said YMMV. The intention with multiple authors was that the content lived in the repo and that authors checked out topics to their local machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp