• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating Word output with headers

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Robohlp 2017, I want to generate Word output that has a header (in table formst) at the top of each page that automatically picks up either Heading 1 and Heading 2 info, depending on which style was applied to the topic heading in RH. I can get it to display Heading 1 but not Heading 2. Any way to make this happen? (I want to retain the Heading 2 topic headings from RH in order for the Table of Contents in the Word output to generate properly to show subsections). If this cannot be done in RH17, can it be done (or more easily done) in RH2020? 

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The header picks up the fields available in the toolbar. A topic could have many Heading 1 and 2 sections so quite what information is it you want to pick up? It sounds like every heading but I don't think that would be what you mean.

2019 New UI and 2020 lost certain Word features but it is hoped the next version will have improvements there.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one Heading 1 or Heading 2 style in each topic...and it's always only the topic title. But I can't seem to grt it to pick up any Heading 2 style in the header of the generated Word output...just the Heading 1. Is there some way I can edit to Heading 2 style in RH so that it will be picked up in the generated Word doc header?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds as simple as you want the topic title to show styled as Heading 2 but somehow I don't think that is it. It would be as simple as inserting the topic title field and applying H2. I think your requirement is more than that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I want the header info in the Word output to automatically pick up Heading 2 from RH instead of Heading 1. I want it to know Heading 2 is a new topic just like it knows Heading 1 is a new topic. I know it's confusing. It's all about how to set up the hardcopy htt in RH when generating the Word output. I can't find any documentation or help on how to do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp doesn't pick up the Heading 1 in the header. Heading styles in a topic are not the same as the topic title. Typically the first heading in the topic will be Heading 1 style but it doesn't matter what it is. The topic title field that you put in your master page is taken from the topic title in topic properties.

Set your master page to include Topic Title and this is what it will pick up.

image.png

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a topic you set the topic title. That is then the default for the first heading. However, there is no link after set up so you can set the title or the heading to different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying you want the Word header to show the first Heading 1 or Heading 2 on the page?

I'm not sure Word can do that (when I was still doing Word output I would set up a header that had a field code for heading 1 on the left and heading 2 on the right, and it would show the nearest of each for that page.) There are complex IF field codes that it's possible might be able to do what you want, but it's not something I've ever done myself. In either case I'm pretty sure you'd have to do that in Word after generating the output from Robohelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp