• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

handful of help topics won't publish to server

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a handful of help topics that do not publish along with the rest.

I have to manually copy them to the server

These topics show in the Topic List.

I've even tried importing them multiple times to see if that fixes it

And it is always the same handful that don't publish

FWIW:  I had to rebuild my project file in late November and the problem occurred after that

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH? All patched up? Are the topics present when you generate to a local drive? If so, then it's something to with the transfer (publish) action. Probably it will be old copies cached on the published location; clear everything out & re-populate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version - 2019.0.14

Patched - how would I know?  I clicked on Help/Updates but nothing appears to have happened

Topics present when generate locally - not when I generate.  They only appear in the Topic List

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the whx folder from the server and then publish again. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not.  Given the files only appear in my Topic list and not when I publish locally, I figure the problem is local, not on the server.  Wrong assumption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on - I think you've gotten some terms mixed up; when you generate, you create output at a specified location on your local drive; when you publish, the action generates the output & does an FTP transfer to your webserver.
When you generate locally, are your topics all there in the output & working fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO, the topics are not in the local version of the generated help (sorry for saying PUBLISH)

But when I open the Topic list inside Robohelp, they do appear there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 new UI or classic? If new UI, are topics in the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I know whether new UI or classic?

Topics are not in TOC - I don't want them there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate, is the output going into a \{project_name}\!SSL!\{output_type}\ structure or some completely different folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW - I am using the new UI

And when I add the topics to the TOC, there is NO option to hide them.

But the good news is they do publish.  So the original problem is solved and a new one is introduced - HIDE these topics in the TOC is not an option.  Unless you have any insight as to why I don't have that option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure the Hide option is covered in the topic I linked to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see I have an abbreviated version of the Properties window and it does not have a HIDE checkbox

noHiddenCheckboxHere.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the new UI. RRH2022 The User Interface (grainge.org)

If it looks like that, it is the new UI and topics have to go in the UI. There's a Hide option so that the end user doesn't see it there.

If that is the issue, see RH2022 The Table of Contents (grainge.org)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong assumption. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you're using RH2019, you'll need to double-click on the table of contents file to open it as a tab in the middle panel of the RH interface, then in the Properties panel on the right-hand side of the interface, you'll find the "Hide in output" checkbox.

Amebr_0-1714701684392.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW - there is no HIDE option.  Anywhere.  No where.  No how. 🙂  In the PROPERTIES panel, I have General, Search, Style Sheets, Index,  SeeAlso, ConditionTags, FileInfo   When I expand GENERAL, I see Title, FileName, Author, Description, MasterPage, Language, Status, MapIDS.   That's it.  No HIDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing are Topic Properties. As @Amebr has explained you need to open the TOC in the centre panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double click the Table of Contents where shown and hold your mouse to the left of the chevron to show the menu. You can also double click the TOC, where it shows 2019 Test.

image.png

That will open the TOC in the middle. Click on any item and you will see Hide in Output on the right.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp